IEEE 1394 Controller under winXP Pro

MSInfo and Device Manager both report that I've got a problem with the IEEE
1394 Controller:

[Problem Devices]
Device IEEE 1394 Controller
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5800&SUBSYS_B0CB0E11&REV_10\2&EBB567F&0&38
Error Code The drivers for this device are not installed.

I tried updating the driver without any change. I'm not sure if this is
important or not.
I think it's got something to do with firewire or computer-cable-computer
set ups but I might be totally wrong.

Any information will be appreciated.

That is your FireWire port. You may need the updated chipset drivers.
What is this port from and do you need it?

Nathan McNulty

ss wrote:

> MSInfo and Device Manager both report that I've got a problem with the IEEE
> 1394 Controller:
>
> [Problem Devices]
> Device IEEE 1394 Controller
> PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5800&SUBSYS_B0CB0E11&REV_10\2&EBB567F&0&38
> Error Code The drivers for this device are not installed.
>

> I tried updating the driver without any change. I'm not sure if this is
> important or not.
> I think it's got something to do with firewire or computer-cable-computer
> set ups but I might be totally wrong.
>
> Any information will be appreciated.

If you are asking the question, you probably don't need it. Some cards, like
the Sound Blaster Audigy, come with a FireWire port on the card. If you
don't have a FireWire device, right click on the IEEE 1394 in the Device
Manager, and disable the port.

courtney sends....