A8V Serial port bracket for com2

Anyone found a UK supplier of the above please?

My A8V MB supplier, Overclockers UK, doesn't sell them nor know of a
supplier. Asus doesn't reply to emails - poor - so I'm stuffed at present!

I've got a fax message modem and UPS both needing serial com ports.

Thanks.

John

Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.
5 answers Last reply
More about serial port bracket com2

    Considered a pci card with serial ports?

    http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/Products/Default.asp?type=dept&DepartmentID=256

    >Anyone found a UK supplier of the above please?
    >
    >My A8V MB supplier, Overclockers UK, doesn't sell them nor know of a
    >supplier. Asus doesn't reply to emails - poor - so I'm stuffed at present!
    >
    >I've got a fax message modem and UPS both needing serial com ports.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >John
    >
    >Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.

    Just a thought.

    A Serial to USB adapter might work.

    All my serial devices are connecting that way.

    memo.20041124185543.1040A@jwh.compulink.co.uk...

    In article <khn9q0p0gd18o7t19mt914b4adu9ajcj9c@4ax.com>,
    Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com (Hawkeye) wrote:

    > *From:* Hawkeye <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com>
    > *Date:* Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:17:44 -0500
    >
    > Considered a pci card with serial ports?
    >
    > http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/Products/Default.asp?type=dept&DepartmentID=
    > 256
    >
    > >Anyone found a UK supplier of the above please?
    > >
    > >My A8V MB supplier, Overclockers UK, doesn't sell them nor know of a
    > >supplier. Asus doesn't reply to emails - poor - so I'm stuffed at
    > present!
    > >
    > >I've got a fax message modem and UPS both needing serial com ports.
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    > >
    > >John
    > >
    > >Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.

    Thanks - I'd thought of that and the USB/Serial solution, and I think one
    of them will be the answer. But it seems a pity that the simple bracket
    can't be got!

    Thanks again,

    In article <tY6pd.183234$yx6.2066573@weber.videotron.net>, nono@nowhere.ca
    (FG) wrote:

    > *From:* "FG" <nono@nowhere.ca>
    > *Date:* Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:23:28 -0500
    >
    > Just a thought.
    >
    > A Serial to USB adapter might work.
    >
    > All my serial devices are connecting that way.
    >

    > "John Hollingsworth" <jwh@cix.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > memo.20041124185543.1040A@jwh.compulink.co.uk...
    > > Anyone found a UK supplier of the above please?
    > >
    > > My A8V MB supplier, Overclockers UK, doesn't sell them nor know of a
    > > supplier. Asus doesn't reply to emails - poor - so I'm stuffed at
    > > present!
    > >
    > > I've got a fax message modem and UPS both needing serial com ports.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > John
    > >
    > > Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.

    Thanks - that is a solution. Pity the simple bracket seems unobtainable
    now!

    Thanks again,

    John

    Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.

    In article <khn9q0p0gd18o7t19mt914b4adu9ajcj9c@4ax.com>,
    Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com (Hawkeye) wrote:

    > *From:* Hawkeye <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com>
    > *Date:* Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:17:44 -0500
    >
    > Considered a pci card with serial ports?
    >
    > http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/Products/Default.asp?type=dept&DepartmentID=
    > 256
    >
    > >Anyone found a UK supplier of the above please?
    > >
    > >My A8V MB supplier, Overclockers UK, doesn't sell them nor know of a
    > >supplier. Asus doesn't reply to emails - poor - so I'm stuffed at
    > present!
    > >
    > >I've got a fax message modem and UPS both needing serial com ports.
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    > >
    > >John
    > >
    > >Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.

    Ordered one :-)

    Saves hassle!

    Thanks

    John

    Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.

Asus Motherboards