Pointining device not in device mgr/not working

My mouse stopped working and is not listed in device
manager. XP pro. Did new install on spare hard drive
same thing. Tried other mice even mouse in com ports.
Still no luck. Please if someone has seen this send help.
Thanks,
Steve
1 answer Last reply
More about pointining device device working

    LOL, send help :)

    Whenever you plug in or unplug a mouse (unless it is USB), you must turn
    the computer off and then turn it back on. Try turning the computer
    off, plug in the mouse, then start it again and see if Windows
    automatically fixes itself ;)

    Nathan McNulty

    Steve wrote:

    > My mouse stopped working and is not listed in device
    > manager. XP pro. Did new install on spare hard drive
    > same thing. Tried other mice even mouse in com ports.
    > Still no luck. Please if someone has seen this send help.
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

Mice Devices Windows XP