Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 24, 2004 11:50:43 PM

A8V with Cool and Quiet running.
The Coola nd Quiet Dashboard is showing CPU Spped as 45% all the time no
matter what I am doing. Even when the CPU Usage is running steady at 100%
the CPU speed is staying at 45%.

Any suggestions as to wether this is normal.
Not running XP 64 Bit yet. Just XP 32 bit.

Thanks
Ron

More about : a8v cool quiet dashboard

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 24, 2004 11:51:55 PM

Forgot to mention - CPU Voltage shows 1.1 volts.

"RonK" <I'mnuts@home.com> wrote in message
> A8V with Cool and Quiet running.
> The Coola nd Quiet Dashboard is showing CPU Spped as 45% all the time no
> matter what I am doing. Even when the CPU Usage is running steady at 100%
> the CPU speed is staying at 45%.
>
> Any suggestions as to wether this is normal.
> Not running XP 64 Bit yet. Just XP 32 bit.
>
> Thanks
> Ron

November 26, 2004 12:50:22 AM

"RonK" <I'mnuts@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> A8V with Cool and Quiet running.
> The Coola nd Quiet Dashboard is showing CPU Spped as 45% all the time no
> matter what I am doing. Even when the CPU Usage is running steady at 100%
> the CPU speed is staying at 45%.
>
> Any suggestions as to wether this is normal.
> Not running XP 64 Bit yet. Just XP 32 bit.
>
> Thanks
> Ron

Forget the Asus drivers. Remove them and install these:

http://www.amd.com/de-de/Processors/TechnicalResources/...

They are the originals from AMD and work perfectly. Remember to activate
"Minimal Power Use" in the system options at energy option.

But see the AMD instructions.

Worked perfectly for me. The Asus tools and drivers only had trouble.

Frank
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 26, 2004 12:50:23 AM

Thankyou Frank. Everything perfect now. The guages actually move now.

!