A8V Cool and Quiet Dashboard.

A8V with Cool and Quiet running.
The Coola nd Quiet Dashboard is showing CPU Spped as 45% all the time no
matter what I am doing. Even when the CPU Usage is running steady at 100%
the CPU speed is staying at 45%.

Any suggestions as to wether this is normal.
Not running XP 64 Bit yet. Just XP 32 bit.

Thanks
Ron

Forgot to mention - CPU Voltage shows 1.1 volts.

"RonK" <I'mnuts@home.com> wrote in message
> A8V with Cool and Quiet running.
> The Coola nd Quiet Dashboard is showing CPU Spped as 45% all the time no
> matter what I am doing. Even when the CPU Usage is running steady at 100%
> the CPU speed is staying at 45%.
>
> Any suggestions as to wether this is normal.
> Not running XP 64 Bit yet. Just XP 32 bit.
>
> Thanks
> Ron

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"RonK" <I'mnuts@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> A8V with Cool and Quiet running.
> The Coola nd Quiet Dashboard is showing CPU Spped as 45% all the time no
> matter what I am doing. Even when the CPU Usage is running steady at 100%
> the CPU speed is staying at 45%.
>
> Any suggestions as to wether this is normal.
> Not running XP 64 Bit yet. Just XP 32 bit.
>
> Thanks
> Ron

Forget the Asus drivers. Remove them and install these:

http://www.amd.com/de-de/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

They are the originals from AMD and work perfectly. Remember to activate
"Minimal Power Use" in the system options at energy option.

But see the AMD instructions.

Worked perfectly for me. The Asus tools and drivers only had trouble.

Frank

Thankyou Frank. Everything perfect now. The guages actually move now.