help; looking for power supply

hey there;
hope some one can help. I have a hp pavilion 3260 desktop. The power
supply kicked the bucket. I have APB's out all over the country, but to no
avail. The original was made by bestec. I hope someone can help as it"s only
5 years old and hardly worth throwing out...............Jim

You'll have to remove the old power supply and take its
measurements and determine its form factor. Be absolutely
sure the new power supply is identical in size.

Power Supply Form Factors
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup/form_SFX.htm

I once purchased the following PS for a HP Pavilion from Direct.com
(Enhance SFX-2020 200W Power Supply)
http://www.directron.com/sfx2020.html

Also see:

HP cross-reference
http://www.power-on.com/hp.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"James Hood" <erishood@mts.net> wrote in message:

| hey there;
| hope some one can help. I have a hp pavilion 3260 desktop. The power
| supply kicked the bucket. I have APB's out all over the country, but to no
| avail. The original was made by bestec. I hope someone can help as it"s only
| 5 years old and hardly worth throwing out...............Jim

HP has a tendency to use power supplies that are of a mini
form factor which allows them to use a smaller case. I have
a HP 6465 which had a miniature 115 Watt PS. When I added
some RAM and a second CD-RW drive and hard drive it wasn't
up to the task. I looked for a small form factor PS.
Finally gave up and bought a regular mid-tower case with a
250 Watt PS for $50 (Antec case) and just moved all the
components over. I like the larger case and it wasn't much
different in cost to buying just a power supply, those mini
PS are expensive, because they are not common.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in
message news:u3xT78qZEHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| You'll have to remove the old power supply and take its
| measurements and determine its form factor. Be absolutely
| sure the new power supply is identical in size.
|
| Power Supply Form Factors
| http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup/form_SFX.htm
|
| I once purchased the following PS for a HP Pavilion from
Direct.com
| (Enhance SFX-2020 200W Power Supply)
| http://www.directron.com/sfx2020.html
|
| Also see:
|
| HP cross-reference
| http://www.power-on.com/hp.html
|
| --
| Carey Frisch
| Microsoft MVP
| Windows XP - Shell/User
|
| Be Smart! Protect your PC!
| http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/
|
| ----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------

| "James Hood" <erishood@mts.net> wrote in message:
|
| | hey there;
| | hope some one can help. I have a hp pavilion 3260
desktop. The power
| | supply kicked the bucket. I have APB's out all over the
country, but to no
| | avail. The original was made by bestec. I hope someone
can help as it"s only
| | 5 years old and hardly worth throwing
out...............Jim

"James Hood" <erishood@mts.net> wrote in message
> hey there;
> hope some one can help. I have a hp pavilion 3260 desktop. The power
> supply kicked the bucket. I have APB's out all over the country, but to no
> avail. The original was made by bestec. I hope someone can help as it"s
> only
> 5 years old and hardly worth throwing out...............Jim

See if http://www.affordablesurplus.com/hp-pavilion-power-supply.asp has
what you need. They seem to cover HP fairly well.
--
Steve Midgley

Fitz

Sorry- read the model wrong. If you know the Bestec model number, the same
site has replacements for those also.

Fitz