albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

Hi,
Hope to get some help or advice,I have had a HP Photo
printer installed for about 12 months with no problems,I
decided to add a Epson Photo 900 printer as well(2
printers installed),it seemed to install ok but when I
look in printers and faxes in the Control panel it has
added another copy of the Epson photo 900,so I have the
HP AND 2 epson installed,when I try to use the Epson as
default printer it lets me print 1 document then it
appears to communicate with the HP and will not let me
print any more documents,if Itry it gives the busy signal
(hour class)and I have to restart my computer,I assume I
have a coflict somewhere but I don,t know what to do
about it,I hope someone can understand my explaination
and offer me some help or advice,I would be very grateful,
I am running Windows xp home sp1
1 Gb DDR Memory
120 HHD
Thank you,
albert

Delete the "extra" Epson printer and then select one of the two printers as
your default.

"albert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Hope to get some help or advice,I have had a HP Photo
> printer installed for about 12 months with no problems,I
> decided to add a Epson Photo 900 printer as well(2
> printers installed),it seemed to install ok but when I
> look in printers and faxes in the Control panel it has
> added another copy of the Epson photo 900,so I have the
> HP AND 2 epson installed,when I try to use the Epson as
> default printer it lets me print 1 document then it
> appears to communicate with the HP and will not let me
> print any more documents,if Itry it gives the busy signal
> (hour class)and I have to restart my computer,I assume I
> have a coflict somewhere but I don,t know what to do
> about it,I hope someone can understand my explaination
> and offer me some help or advice,I would be very grateful,
> I am running Windows xp home sp1
> 1 Gb DDR Memory
> 120 HHD
> Thank you,
> albert

In your Printers and Faxes, remove both of the Epson printers. Now
reboot. Windows may automatically install the printer or you may have to
one Epson printer and then you can set that to default ;)

Nathan McNulty

albert wrote:

> Hi,
> Hope to get some help or advice,I have had a HP Photo
> printer installed for about 12 months with no problems,I
> decided to add a Epson Photo 900 printer as well(2
> printers installed),it seemed to install ok but when I
> look in printers and faxes in the Control panel it has
> added another copy of the Epson photo 900,so I have the
> HP AND 2 epson installed,when I try to use the Epson as
> default printer it lets me print 1 document then it
> appears to communicate with the HP and will not let me
> print any more documents,if Itry it gives the busy signal
> (hour class)and I have to restart my computer,I assume I
> have a coflict somewhere but I don,t know what to do
> about it,I hope someone can understand my explaination
> and offer me some help or advice,I would be very grateful,
> I am running Windows xp home sp1
> 1 Gb DDR Memory
> 120 HHD
> Thank you,
> albert

albert

Distinguished
May 27, 2002

sorry I have not replied before but I hve been in
hospital,I tried removing the printers and restarted it
put the two back in,I also tried what kevin said but I
keep ending up with the same problem,at the moment I just
have the HP installed with no problem,I would be grateful
of any help or advice,
Thanks,
albert
should install only