disc space non

kat

Can anyone help me i'm running out of disc space all the
time. I've tried to get the online help but its not
know how i can get someone to walk me through trying to
solve this problem please?
thanks

Do you have some P2P file sharing on your computer? Do you
run a firewall? I suspect you have been hijacked and
somebody is using your computer.
You need to install or turn on the firewall, install and run
SpyBot S&D www.safer-networking.org and /or Ad-Aware
www.lavasoftusa.com (Mirror site for both of these and
other spyware tools at www.majorgeeks.com )

"kat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Can anyone help me i'm running out of disc space all the
| time. I've tried to get the online help but its not
| know how i can get someone to walk me through trying to
| solve this problem please?
| thanks

hi jim,
first thanks for the reply
can i talk to you on messenger because i don't know how
to find stuff on my computer, i haven't had it long
Please because it's been like this for a week and i don't
know how to fix it.
kat
xx

kat

The sites that you said to download from i went to and my
computer won't let me download them, it keeps saying is
not a valid application.
Is there a way around this?

Sorry, I don't chat or use IM of any sort.

| hi jim,
| first thanks for the reply
| can i talk to you on messenger because i don't know how
| to find stuff on my computer, i haven't had it long
| Please because it's been like this for a week and i don't
| know how to fix it.
| kat
| xx

Probably the viruses and hijackers you have won't allow easy
removal of the crud. You may need to get some local geek to
help you, see if there is a local high school or college
computer club.

| The sites that you said to download from i went to and my
| computer won't let me download them, it keeps saying is
| not a valid application.
| Is there a way around this?

(-;

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> Sorry, I don't chat or use IM of any sort.
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | hi jim,
> | first thanks for the reply
> | can i talk to you on messenger because i don't know how
> | to find stuff on my computer, i haven't had it long
> | Please because it's been like this for a week and i don't
> | know how to fix it.
> | kat
> | xx

kat, also try doing this:

Open My Computer, right click on your harddrive, click Properties. Now
click Disk Cleanup and see if that brings up any files that you don't
need. Also, do you use System Restore or have you tried it? This is
another thing that really eats up disk space, but you may want them
incase you have malware. You may need it to revert back to the past ;)

Anyways, try seeing how much space you can clear up with that as well as
open Control Panel and open Add/Rvemove Programs. Now uninstall anything
that you don't want anymore or don't use. Also delete anything that
looks suspicious that you know you didn't install and know that you
don't need.

Nathan McNulty