PPC 2003 and Money 2003

June 19, 2004 11:16:15 AM

Is there a fix for installing and syncing pocket money
without upgrading to Money 2004?

More about : ppc 2003 money 2003

Anonymous
June 20, 2004 3:11:37 AM

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 16:16:15 +0200, KC wrote
(in article <256701c45607$fb474bd0$3501280a@phx.gbl>):

> Is there a fix for installing and syncing pocket money
> without upgrading to Money 2004?

There's something wrong in the installation routine in Money for
Pocket PC 2002 that prevents the installation on WM2003. But
once installed, it works ok. You have two options to get Money
on your WM2003 Pocket PC:

Upgrade: get Microsoft Money 2004, and use the client that goes
with that (the one Rob pointed out).

Solution to keep using Money 2003: as posted earlier:

-----

I got this from another user and it works great. I am
impressed.

Okay, this seems to be working, and first off, I must
give credit where
credit is due...

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=82240&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

Follow these instructions and you should be able to
install Money for the
PPC (2003 version):

1. With the PPC in the cradle and ActiveSync running,
start the installation
of Pocket Money for Money 2003 on the desktop.

2. Go through the normal install routine, following the
prompts on the
desktop machine.

3. When the PPC pops up an error message, don't clear it.
Instead, open File
Explorer on the PPC. (I don't know if the error message
needs to remain
open,

but without having experimented, I suggest leaving it on
screen for now.)

4. Browse to "My Device /Windows /AppMgr /Install" and
tap-and-hold on the
file that is in that folder. (This is the one caveat...
your folder may end
up

being different, but something tells me that this is the
folder you should
look in). The file should be obviously related to Pocket
Money.

5. When the menu appears, choose copy.

6. Still using File Explorer on the PPC, browse to "My
Device /Temp" and
paste the file in this new folder.

7. Once the file appears in this new folder, single tap
the file. The
installation will begin on its own.

8. Close the error message from the original installation.

9. After you have successfully installed Money, with the
PPC in the cradle,
explore the PPC (use Explore from within ActiveSync).

10. Browse to "My Device /Windows" and look for "MoneyCE".

11. Right click on this file and choose "Create a
shortcut".

12. Move this shortcut to "My Device /Windows /Start
Menu /Programs" to
finish the install.

13. Rename this new shortcut as "Microsoft Money".

14. Remove the PPC from the cradle. Check the settings
for the Money Conduit
in ActiveSync, place the PPC back into the cradle, and
away you go.

At this point, it should be working like a charm. Money
shows up in the
uninstall listing on the PPC, but I actually don't know
if it will work or
not. Good luck!

--
Marlof Bregonje