PLZ Help! My burner is trippin... read inside!

I just replaced my lite on cdrw 48x with a lite on dvdrw 12x and the burner worked just fine... i could burn a regular 700mb audio cd in like 3 mins... the same happened to the new dvdrw which i replaced it with... until i installed a printer (hp psc 2510 - horrible software) and dvd x copy platinum... now when i burn a regualr 700mb audio cd it takes like 7mins or so and the cpu is bogged down to the point in which i cant multitask like i used to before... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHAT can i do to fix this problem... which i feel occured via dvd x copy... i would like to get back to when i first installed the dvdrw and it worked just like my old cdrw were i could burns cds while doing others things without having the machines feel like its going to die on me...

ANY PIECE OF INFO OR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY/MASSIVELY APPRECIATE!

THANK YOU!
2 answers Last reply
More about help burner trippin read inside

    "Enigma" <+@+.com> wrote in message
    > I just replaced my lite on cdrw 48x with a lite on dvdrw 12x and the
    burner worked just fine... i could burn a regular 700mb audio cd in like 3
    mins... the same happened to the new dvdrw which i replaced it with... until
    i installed a printer (hp psc 2510 - horrible software) and dvd x copy
    platinum... now when i burn a regualr 700mb audio cd it takes like 7mins or
    so and the cpu is bogged down to the point in which i cant multitask like i
    used to before... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHAT can i do to fix this
    problem... which i feel occured via dvd x copy... i would like to get back
    to when i first installed the dvdrw and it worked just like my old cdrw were
    i could burns cds while doing others things without having the machines feel
    like its going to die on me...

    > ANY PIECE OF INFO OR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY/MASSIVELY APPRECIATE!
    >
    > THANK YOU!

    You replaced a lite on a 48x with a lite from a 12x, what does that mean...?

    OK, first off, we need a little more clarity.

    Here is what I am getting. You replaced your Lite-On CDRW 48x with a
    Lite-On DVDRW 12x. You used to be able to burn CD's in about 3-4
    minutes, but now they only burn in about 6-7 minutes. The reason is
    that your Lite-On CDRW 48x is actually a 52x burner (trust me I have the
    same drive). This drive will actually almost hit those speeds with 52x
    media. Now the 12x DVDRW can only write at 40x max, but rarely hits
    that. This is normal. The way a DVD Burner is designed, it just can't
    write CD's as fast as your CDRW. Thus the time it takes in your DVD
    Burner is going to take longer than your CD Burner.

    Nathan McNulty

    Nick Burns wrote:

    > "Enigma" <+@+.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I just replaced my lite on cdrw 48x with a lite on dvdrw 12x and the
    >
    > burner worked just fine... i could burn a regular 700mb audio cd in like 3
    > mins... the same happened to the new dvdrw which i replaced it with... until
    > i installed a printer (hp psc 2510 - horrible software) and dvd x copy
    > platinum... now when i burn a regualr 700mb audio cd it takes like 7mins or
    > so and the cpu is bogged down to the point in which i cant multitask like i
    > used to before... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHAT can i do to fix this
    > problem... which i feel occured via dvd x copy... i would like to get back
    > to when i first installed the dvdrw and it worked just like my old cdrw were
    > i could burns cds while doing others things without having the machines feel
    > like its going to die on me...
    >

    >>ANY PIECE OF INFO OR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY/MASSIVELY APPRECIATE!
    >>
    >>THANK YOU!
    >

    > You replaced a lite on a 48x with a lite from a 12x, what does that mean...?

DVD RW Burner Windows XP