Getting "You might not have permission to use this network..

When I try to set up my network, I am getting the following error.

MSHOME is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network
resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
access permission. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently
available.

I get the above error when I go to 'View workgroup computers.' I am able to
see my computer from my wife's computer, but I am not able to access it from
there either.

Any Ideas?

Hi "Some Guy". Believe it or not, I have just got the same message. I use
Mcafee firewall and have now disabled it and the Windows XP Firewall thinking
that was the problem. No luck. I know my network works because the info can
be shared in one direction but not the other. I would appreciate it if you
let me know how you fixed the problem. Good luck. Regards, Kevin.

"Some Guy" wrote:

> When I try to set up my network, I am getting the following error.
>
> MSHOME is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network
> resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
> access permission. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently
> available.
>
> I get the above error when I go to 'View workgroup computers.' I am able to
> see my computer from my wife's computer, but I am not able to access it from
> there either.
>
> Any Ideas?

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey

"Some Guy" <Some Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to set up my network, I am getting the following error.
>
> MSHOME is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this
> network
> resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
> have
> access permission. The list of servers for this workgroup is not
> currently
> available.
>
> I get the above error when I go to 'View workgroup computers.' I am able
> see my computer from my wife's computer, but I am not able to access it
> from
> there either.
>
> Any Ideas?

TRENDING THREADS