Amd processor and Windows XP

i have a HP laptop with an AMD XP 1700+ processor half
the time it registers as a 655Mhz, I've downloaded the
AMD PowerNow patch with no luck any help would be thankful

This is nothing to do with Windows but everything to do with the clockset
settings in the BIOS. There should be something in the PC manual to tell
you how to enter the BIOS and adjust.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"eric.jones" <sgtjones321@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>i have a HP laptop with an AMD XP 1700+ processor half
> the time it registers as a 655Mhz, I've downloaded the
> AMD PowerNow patch with no luck any help would be thankful

bar

A quick call to HP will have you out of your misery.

"eric.jones" wrote:

> i have a HP laptop with an AMD XP 1700+ processor half
> the time it registers as a 655Mhz, I've downloaded the
> AMD PowerNow patch with no luck any help would be thankful

Laptops do power saving to increase battery life, check
power saving settings.

| A quick call to HP will have you out of your misery.
|
| "eric.jones" wrote:
|
| > i have a HP laptop with an AMD XP 1700+ processor half
| > the time it registers as a 655Mhz, I've downloaded the
| > AMD PowerNow patch with no luck any help would be
thankful

The front side bus speed is incorrect. Look into your bios and set it for
133. It is probably set for 100 now. This can happen if you shutdown the
computer during the P.O.S.T. It can cause the FSB to reset to a default
value.

Found this out due to my 4 year old Grandson! (-:

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"eric.jones" <sgtjones321@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>i have a HP laptop with an AMD XP 1700+ processor half
> the time it registers as a 655Mhz, I've downloaded the
> AMD PowerNow patch with no luck any help would be thankful

Yup yup. My 2500+ always showed up as a 1700+ because of that stupid
FSB. Also, it never hurts to make sure your BIOS is completely up to date ;)

Nathan McNulty