Question about a P4C800-E Delux

Hi all - sorry to pose such a ignorate question but does any one know if
asus has a problem with removable storage and win2k?
I can see all my drives in explorer including the two soney 256 mem sticks
i have in my usb hub - but i have no plug and play icon in the sys tray to
dissconect from. The mem sticks are listed in device manager as usb
removable storage with out any problems but every time i go to remove one of
them i get an error message saying to go to control pannel and remove the
device from there.
When i go to control pannel nothing is listed for plug and play removable
storage.
I've tried reloading w2k already still with the same results.
Any thoughts on this one would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance
to the group for all the support and help you might provide to me.

Reguards

Kim

"Kim DeSimone" <kdesimone@nj.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi all - sorry to pose such a ignorate question but does any one know if
> asus has a problem with removable storage and win2k?
> I can see all my drives in explorer including the two soney 256 mem
sticks
> i have in my usb hub - but i have no plug and play icon in the sys tray
> dissconect from. The mem sticks are listed in device manager as usb
> removable storage with out any problems but every time i go to remove
one of
> them i get an error message saying to go to control pannel and remove
the
> device from there.
> When i go to control pannel nothing is listed for plug and play
removable
> storage.
> I've tried reloading w2k already still with the same results.
> Any thoughts on this one would be greatly appreciated and thanks in
advance
> to the group for all the support and help you might provide to me.
>
> Reguards
>
> Kim
Right click on the device in explorer. You should be offered 'eject' as an
option. W2K, seems only to offer the P&P icon, for devices like PCMCIA
cards on laptops, not for normal 'removable' drives.

Best Wishes

Thank you very much roger - i should have known that - it's the simplest
things that are most complicated - thanks to the group also for all their
support

regards