digital cam corder not recognised

Have a canon 630 i digi camcorder. i cannot download my
movies onto dvd . have purchased and installed video
editing kit . it worked to start with but now camera is
not recognised. nothing happens when i connect camera via
firewire.when connected by usb for still pictures it was
ok but now i get the sound if something is connected but
no wizard.

simple replies please not very computer literate

Connect camcorder to PC via firewire. Ensure camcorder is in VCR mode and
connected to A/C power (NOT its internal battery)

Do you hear the connection 'ping' sound?
www.coribright.com

"colfer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have a canon 630 i digi camcorder. i cannot download my
> movies onto dvd . have purchased and installed video
> editing kit . it worked to start with but now camera is
> not recognised. nothing happens when i connect camera via
> firewire.when connected by usb for still pictures it was
> ok but now i get the sound if something is connected but
> no wizard.
>
> simple replies please not very computer literate

If you know someone who owns a digicam try connecting theirs to your
computer and see if it is recognized, then try connecting yours to their
computer. do a little trouble shooting. I went through a similar situation
about 3 months ago only to find out my digicam went bad and the repair was
going to cost $1300 for a $400 camcorder. needless to say i didnt get it
repaired.
"colfer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have a canon 630 i digi camcorder. i cannot download my
> movies onto dvd . have purchased and installed video
> editing kit . it worked to start with but now camera is
> not recognised. nothing happens when i connect camera via
> firewire.when connected by usb for still pictures it was
> ok but now i get the sound if something is connected but
> no wizard.
>
> simple replies please not very computer literate

Open My Computer and see if there is a removable disk that shows up.
Your camcorder sounds like it is fine. It sounds more like Windows
automatically installs it, but the wizard no longer comes up for you.

When you connect it through USB, if you can browse onto your camcorder
through My Computer-Removable Disk, you can copy the movies/pictures
onto your computer and burn them to DVD from there ;)

Nathan McNulty

Steve Ball wrote:

> If you know someone who owns a digicam try connecting theirs to your
> computer and see if it is recognized, then try connecting yours to their
> computer. do a little trouble shooting. I went through a similar situation
> about 3 months ago only to find out my digicam went bad and the repair was
> going to cost $1300 for a $400 camcorder. needless to say i didnt get it
> repaired.
> "colfer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>Have a canon 630 i digi camcorder. i cannot download my
>>movies onto dvd . have purchased and installed video
>>editing kit . it worked to start with but now camera is
>>not recognised. nothing happens when i connect camera via
>>firewire.when connected by usb for still pictures it was
>>ok but now i get the sound if something is connected but
>>no wizard.
>>
>>simple replies please not very computer literate

HUH? It's a MiniDV Camcorder.... you cannot capture video by transferring
it the way you suggest. It must be captured via firewire.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com