Just installed a A-7V8x-x board. I get a 3 tone
error. I have tried installing two different
banks of ram. Used the ram in other computers and
the ram is fine. I have a 4x agp video card and I
see this has a 8x agp slot. My card is a ATI all
in oneder. I can see the bios screen, but when the
system cannot get through the POST tests. It halts
with 3 short beeps.

If anyone can give me a clue what is wrong, and how to fix
it, or if I need to get a 8x agp card let me know.

thanks Drakk

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Drakk wrote:

>Just installed a A-7V8x-x board. I get a 3 tone
>error. I have tried installing two different
>banks of ram. Used the ram in other computers and
>the ram is fine. I have a 4x agp video card and I
>see this has a 8x agp slot. My card is a ATI all
>in oneder. I can see the bios screen, but when the
>system cannot get through the POST tests. It halts
>with 3 short beeps.
>
>If anyone can give me a clue what is wrong, and how to fix
>it, or if I need to get a 8x agp card let me know.
>
>thanks Drakk

Drakk,
Have you tried another video card, maybe an old PCI one? IIRC, 3 beeps
often leans toward the video card.
If you could, borrow one somewhere to test in your board, just to verify
that either the card or the board has problems.
Rob