Johnny

I posted a while ago the dismal performance I'm getting with this board and
a Prescott 3.0ghz cpu with 2 x 512K crucial 2-2-2-5 ddr400 memory. I've
noticed the passmark cpu tests give significant differences but not entirely
sure if that's not unusual - is it possible the cpu or motherboard is faulty
even though the system works albeit relatively slowly. This thing has me
totally flummoxed and perplexed. I've swapped out a power supply from
another machine with no change (don't know why but thought it might be a
power issue). I haven't got access to another 800FSB cpu to compare and not
sure I'll get any sense out of the tech support as it is actually working
which is frustrating in the extreme. If I select turbo mode the board dies -
it literally blacks out completely requiring a hard power off to get bios
back with the post message that overclocking failed??? I'm really getting
pissed off with this now - is it likely the cpu or mainboard are faulty or
just a combo of the two, who knows?

Tim

Johnny,

How about detailing what the performance issue is. Is it CPU, disk related,
graphics or a combination?

I am not familiar with Passmark CPU tests, others no doubt are, so how about
reporting the results returned and what you expect?

It would also help to know what temparature the CPU and motherboard is
running at, along with any other stats it shows on boot up about clock
frequency, dual channel (or not) and so on. It is quite possible the CPU is
running too hot and is being throttled back - this will be quite apparent if
you run MBM or Asus Probe. Try taking the side off your computer and see if
things improve.

- Tim