SATA & SCSI, SATA link & SATA Raid

I'm looking to add a 120 GB SATA HD to my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Ver 1.4.
I already have two 40 GB IDE disks and three SCSI.

1°) First I shall configure the BIOS in order to boot on the SCSI first.
Then I shall also disable the booting capabilities of the SCSI 2940UW
adapter.
* Then what shall I do more ?

2°) When I searched drivers through the net, I found Asus providing an old
version 1.0.0.22 (the same as I have on the CD ROM) and Silicon Image
providing Ver 1.0.0.51.
* I'm wandering if there will be any trouble with the newer Silicon Image's
one. Any experiences ?

3°) It appears there are two kinds of drivers: SATA link and SATA Raid.
Are SATA link intended for IDE/SATA Adapters ? If not what type shall I use
?

Thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about sata scsi sata link sata raid

    Re-submission and apologies if already answered,I missed it.

    "Aldo Larrabiata" <duschmoll@racer.com> a écrit dans le message news:
    41aa25bc$0$31687$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
    I'm looking to add a 120 GB SATA HD to my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Ver 1.4.
    I already have two 40 GB IDE disks and three SCSI.

    1°) First I shall configure the BIOS in order to boot on the SCSI first.
    Then I shall also disable the booting capabilities of the SCSI 2940UW
    adapter.
    * Then what shall I do more ?

    2°) When I searched drivers through the net, I found Asus providing an old
    version 1.0.0.22 (the same as I have on the CD ROM) and Silicon Image
    providing Ver 1.0.0.51.
    * I'm wandering if there will be any trouble with the newer Silicon Image's
    one. Any experiences ?

    3°) It appears there are two kinds of drivers: SATA link and SATA Raid.
    Are SATA link intended for IDE/SATA Adapters ? If not what type shall I use
    ?

    Thanks in advance

Asus SATA SCSI Motherboards