unable to Remove hp laserjet 1000

keith

When I try to remove the driver for my hp laserjet 1000 I get a dialog box
saying "unable to remove hp laserjet 1000, intel, windows 2000 or xp
driver. The specified printer driver is currently in use."

Can anybody help me with this?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Keith" <anerien@aol.com> wrote in message news:Xns95243CE3885ADanerienusermailcom@207.46.248.16...
> When I try to remove the driver for my hp laserjet 1000 I get a dialog box
> saying "unable to remove hp laserjet 1000, intel, windows 2000 or xp
> driver. The specified printer driver is currently in use."
>
> Can anybody help me with this?

Remove it while in "Safe Mode".

To get into Safe Mode, press F8 before the Loading Windows logo shows
up. This will give you a list of options, choose Safe Mode. Once in
there, go ahead and remove them.

Another thing you can try first is this. Click Start-Control
Panel-Printers and Faxes-Right click on the HP Printer, and click
Delete. Now try uninstalling the software ;)

Note: You may also need to press control+alt+delete and go to the
processes tab. Now select applications that say HP on them and click end
taks.

Nathan McNulty