unable to Remove hp laserjet 1000

When I try to remove the driver for my hp laserjet 1000 I get a dialog box
saying "unable to remove hp laserjet 1000, intel, windows 2000 or xp
driver. The specified printer driver is currently in use."

Can anybody help me with this?
2 answers Last reply
More about unable remove laserjet 1000

    "Keith" <anerien@aol.com> wrote in message news:Xns95243CE3885ADanerienusermailcom@207.46.248.16...
    > When I try to remove the driver for my hp laserjet 1000 I get a dialog box
    > saying "unable to remove hp laserjet 1000, intel, windows 2000 or xp
    > driver. The specified printer driver is currently in use."
    >
    > Can anybody help me with this?

    Remove it while in "Safe Mode".

    To get into Safe Mode, press F8 before the Loading Windows logo shows
    up. This will give you a list of options, choose Safe Mode. Once in
    there, go ahead and remove them.

    Another thing you can try first is this. Click Start-Control
    Panel-Printers and Faxes-Right click on the HP Printer, and click
    Delete. Now try uninstalling the software ;)

    Note: You may also need to press control+alt+delete and go to the
    processes tab. Now select applications that say HP on them and click end
    taks.

    Nathan McNulty

    Tom wrote:

    > "Keith" <anerien@aol.com> wrote in message news:Xns95243CE3885ADanerienusermailcom@207.46.248.16...
    >
    >>When I try to remove the driver for my hp laserjet 1000 I get a dialog box
    >>saying "unable to remove hp laserjet 1000, intel, windows 2000 or xp
    >>driver. The specified printer driver is currently in use."
    >>
    >>Can anybody help me with this?
    >

    > Remove it while in "Safe Mode".

Hewlett Packard Laserjet Windows XP