Disabling Write Cache

Hello all,

I have a SATA Disk hooked up to a Silicon Image 3112 SATA Controller. It is
being used for backup purposes only and thus I want to use it as a hot
swappable device. When I go to the drives properties to disable Write
Caching the options are disabled. Is there anyway to get around this as it
causes problems when removing the drive from the system.

Cheers

Tristan

Basically, you want to be able to select Optimize for Quick Removal. I
believe you have to disable Write Caching, reboot, then select Optimize
for Quick Removal. Also, I'm not sure how using SATA hotswappable works
as I only have one drive :(

Nathan McNulty