Nvidia or VIA?

I'm looking for a new s754 board. What should I choose? The one with VIA
K8T800 or nVidia nForce3 250 chipset?

Thanks,

Werner

> I'm looking for a new s754 board. What should I choose? The one with VIA
> K8T800 or nVidia nForce3 250 chipset?

I have an Asus K8N-E (nVidia) and it runs great. Very fast und very stable.

"Driekes" <biker_driekes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<41aaf7ee$0$44111$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl>...
> I'm looking for a new s754 board. What should I choose? The one with VIA
> K8T800 or nVidia nForce3 250 chipset?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Werner

I have a bias against VIA chipsets after my experiences with an ABIT
board. The VIA chipset had several annoying bugs that required
work-arounds. Of course, that was several generations ago and perhaps
they've mended their ways. However, I later bought an ASUS A7n8X-DLX
and then an ASUS K8N-DLX, both with nVidia chips and the boards run
quite well. I also stick with nVidia video cards for maximum
compatibility.

arnie

> I'm looking for a new s754 board. What should I choose? The one with VIA
> K8T800 or nVidia nForce3 250 chipset?

The VIA doesn't have a PCI and AGP lock,if you are going to overclock it's not
a good choice. DOUG

Hi, it would be better to go for a 939 motherboard. You'll have a greater
upgrade option for the future.....
Chris C
"Joerg Heinrich" <news@lomosoft.de> wrote in message
>> I'm looking for a new s754 board. What should I choose? The one with VIA
>> K8T800 or nVidia nForce3 250 chipset?
>
> I have an Asus K8N-E (nVidia) and it runs great. Very fast und very
> stable.

Well I think it's clear, I go for the K8N.

Thanks all!