Retailer's Cryptic Window Art Starts Galaxy S III Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
When I saw that image, I was more thinking the G cut off would be emphasising the "Sun", pronounced the same way as "San", which is "three" in Japanese.

Then again, I also wear a tinfoil hat to stop people stealing my thoughts!

Wave Fusion

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Still quite happy with an SGS II variant.
I'm opposed to any quad-core phones, purely because of how utterly absurd it is.
I hear echos from the PC industry in my head.. for most applications on the phone are also GPU bound.

This is what made the first Galaxy S stand out (among other things like the screen) with the SGX 540.
Having actually owned a Tegra 2 powered handset (Motorola Photon) I can tell you it sucked at video applications compared to the Hummingbird SoC.

So the ARM Mali-400 completely blew it away. As for those 2 cores.. well.. they might help with the rare multitasking bottlenecks.. but it seems mostly trivial at best.

I'd rather see a high clock (~1.6GHz) dual core A15 Exynos SoC than another T3.
However, I fully expect the SGS III to blow away Nvidia again in graphics (lol!) regardless of core count.

Gives me something to use my line upgrade subsidy on.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
who gives a sh!t, really? There are only 450000 android phones on the market already and every shiny new model gets "one upped" in a matter of minutes.

Lets not even get into the lacking support from carriers and manufacturers who dont upgrade these devices with new builds of Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.