hard drive lettering

I installed xp and it lettered my hard drive as f and
when i try to change it it tells me "windows can not
modify the drive letter of your system or boot volume".
How do i changed the letter of the drive from "f"
to "c". Can i or do i need to reinstall trhe os

curt

"mike noland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed xp and it lettered my hard drive as f and
> when i try to change it it tells me "windows can not
> modify the drive letter of your system or boot volume".
> How do i changed the letter of the drive from "f"
> to "c". Can i or do i need to reinstall trhe os
A reinstall is the only solution.

Curt.

Strictly speaking, a reinstall is the only quick solution.

There is also the possiblity for Partition Magic. Partition Magic is a
software program designed to resize, relable, etc., partitions and
harddrives.

Nathan McNulty