Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

USB External Floppy Disk Drive Help

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 13, 2004 2:18:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I recently purchased an external USB floppy drive and I am having some problems with copying items to a floppy. It doesn't seem to have any device issues or driver issues. The manual that came with the product stinks and tells me nothing from the point of plugging it in.

Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Please help!
July 13, 2004 3:34:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

OK - for help to be of value one needs:

Brand / Make
Model / Type

Exactly what problem? What error message if any etc.


"Chris" wrote:

> I recently purchased an external USB floppy drive and I am having some problems with copying items to a floppy. It doesn't seem to have any device issues or driver issues. The manual that came with the product stinks and tells me nothing from the point of plugging it in.
>
> Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Please help!
>
July 13, 2004 3:51:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Brand - Dynex
Model - DX-EF101
(website www.dynex.com provides no support)

No error, windows says the USB port I am using is enabled and no error. I need to move some files from my Desktop or CD to the floppy and I don't know how to do that. Thanks for the help!

"BAR" wrote:

> OK - for help to be of value one needs:
>
> Brand / Make
> Model / Type
>
> Exactly what problem? What error message if any etc.
>
>
> "Chris" wrote:
>
> > I recently purchased an external USB floppy drive and I am having some problems with copying items to a floppy. It doesn't seem to have any device issues or driver issues. The manual that came with the product stinks and tells me nothing from the point of plugging it in.
> >
> > Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Please help!
> >
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 5:11:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Did the Find-New-Hardware wizard run. Does the drive show up in Device
Manager? Are there any indications of a problem in Device Manager or Event
Viewer? Do you see the drive in Windows Explorer? Did you try drag-n-drop?

"Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:75868157-894B-4125-B9A0-6AE1466909CE@microsoft.com...
> Brand - Dynex
> Model - DX-EF101
> (website www.dynex.com provides no support)
>
> No error, windows says the USB port I am using is enabled and no error. I
need to move some files from my Desktop or CD to the floppy and I don't know
how to do that. Thanks for the help!
>
> "BAR" wrote:
>
> > OK - for help to be of value one needs:
> >
> > Brand / Make
> > Model / Type
> >
> > Exactly what problem? What error message if any etc.
> >
> >
> > "Chris" wrote:
> >
> > > I recently purchased an external USB floppy drive and I am having some
problems with copying items to a floppy. It doesn't seem to have any device
issues or driver issues. The manual that came with the product stinks and
tells me nothing from the point of plugging it in.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Please help!
> > >
!