USB External Floppy Disk Drive Help

I recently purchased an external USB floppy drive and I am having some problems with copying items to a floppy. It doesn't seem to have any device issues or driver issues. The manual that came with the product stinks and tells me nothing from the point of plugging it in.

Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Please help!
3 answers Last reply
More about external floppy disk drive help

    OK - for help to be of value one needs:

    Brand / Make
    Model / Type

    Exactly what problem? What error message if any etc.

    "Chris" wrote:

    > I recently purchased an external USB floppy drive and I am having some problems with copying items to a floppy. It doesn't seem to have any device issues or driver issues. The manual that came with the product stinks and tells me nothing from the point of plugging it in.
    >
    > Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Please help!

    Brand - Dynex
    Model - DX-EF101
    (website www.dynex.com provides no support)

    No error, windows says the USB port I am using is enabled and no error. I need to move some files from my Desktop or CD to the floppy and I don't know how to do that. Thanks for the help!

    "BAR" wrote:

    > OK - for help to be of value one needs:
    >
    > Brand / Make
    > Model / Type
    >
    > Exactly what problem? What error message if any etc.
    >

    > "Chris" wrote:
    >
    > > I recently purchased an external USB floppy drive and I am having some problems with copying items to a floppy. It doesn't seem to have any device issues or driver issues. The manual that came with the product stinks and tells me nothing from the point of plugging it in.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Please help!

    Did the Find-New-Hardware wizard run. Does the drive show up in Device
    Manager? Are there any indications of a problem in Device Manager or Event
    Viewer? Do you see the drive in Windows Explorer? Did you try drag-n-drop?

    > Brand - Dynex
    > Model - DX-EF101
    > (website www.dynex.com provides no support)
    >
    > No error, windows says the USB port I am using is enabled and no error. I
    need to move some files from my Desktop or CD to the floppy and I don't know
    how to do that. Thanks for the help!

    > "BAR" wrote:
    >
    > > OK - for help to be of value one needs:
    > >
    > > Brand / Make
    > > Model / Type
    > >
    > > Exactly what problem? What error message if any etc.
    > >

    > > "Chris" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I recently purchased an external USB floppy drive and I am having some
    problems with copying items to a floppy. It doesn't seem to have any device
    issues or driver issues. The manual that came with the product stinks and
    tells me nothing from the point of plugging it in.

    > > > Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Please help!

Floppy Disk Windows XP