CUSL2 - Bios Update failed

Hello everybody!

i´ve become a big problem after trying to update the bios of my cusl2 using
the actual windows update tool. The update failed, and now the mobo doesn´t
start anymore. Is there any posibility to do an recover boot to dos or
something else to recover my mobo bios?

best regards from germany
Norbert
6 answers Last reply
More about cusl2 bios update failed

    You could try and getting a new BIOS chip with the relevant BIOS already
    flashed from http://www.flashbios.org/
    Cheers

    Norbert Dregger wrote:

    > i´ve become a big problem after trying to update the bios of my cusl2 using
    > the actual windows update tool. The update failed, and now the mobo doesn´t
    > start anymore.

    For all readers: It is strongly advised to use the DOS based
    aflash.exe for flashing the CUSL2 BIOS.

    > Is there any posibility to do an recover boot to dos or
    > something else to recover my mobo bios?

    There is a CUSL2 BIOS available at the German Asus Webshop:
    http://asus.alternate.de/index_de.html
    (and read the Info!).

    HTH - Roy

    On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:01:24 +0100, "Norbert Dregger"
    <NDregger@dsg-edv.com> wrote:

    >Hello everybody!
    >
    >i´ve become a big problem after trying to update the bios of my cusl2 using
    >the actual windows update tool. The update failed, and now the mobo doesn´t
    >start anymore. Is there any posibility to do an recover boot to dos or
    >something else to recover my mobo bios?

    Normally windows update works ok, if one downloads the recent asus
    update from asus, at about the same time when the bios comes out.

    The problem arises if one uses the old asus update from the
    motherboard CD, IMO.

    Boot floppies are downloaded from the net. No problem.

    http://www.putergeek.com/downloads/

    A real geek would create a bootable usb key. Some newer motherboards
    can boot on such device too.

    best regards

    John

    <NDregger@dsg-edv.com> wrote:

    >Hello everybody!
    >
    >i´ve become a big problem after trying to update the bios of my cusl2 using
    >the actual windows update tool. The update failed, and now the mobo doesn´t
    >start anymore. Is there any posibility to do an recover boot to dos or
    >something else to recover my mobo bios?

    Wow if you had done any research at ALL on the issue you would have
    found out that the Windows update is unreliable.

    I just updated my CUSL2-C to version 1.014c with no problems in DOS

    I have had the board for years but only did it now because I want to
    put in a 200GB harddrive.

    Never update the BIOS without a good reason.

    Sam

    Good service here that I have used before for my BH6
    foe bios chip replacement.
    www.badflash.com
    They don't ask u to put their page as an I.E favorite either :-(
    Cheers

    0nvtq0pabjim59ijosogkkc98ig8gmepqo@4ax.com...

    Bolooser11 wrote:

    > Good service here that I have used before for my BH6
    > foe bios chip replacement.
    > www.badflash.com

    The problem of the OP may be that there are CUSL2 versions with the
    BIOS chip soldered and others where it is not - and thus replacable.

    Roy

Asus BIOS Windows Update Motherboards