CUSL2 - Bios Update failed

Hello everybody!

i´ve become a big problem after trying to update the bios of my cusl2 using
the actual windows update tool. The update failed, and now the mobo doesn´t
start anymore. Is there any posibility to do an recover boot to dos or
something else to recover my mobo bios?

best regards from germany
Norbert

You could try and getting a new BIOS chip with the relevant BIOS already
flashed from http://www.flashbios.org/
Cheers

Norbert Dregger wrote:

> i´ve become a big problem after trying to update the bios of my cusl2 using
> the actual windows update tool. The update failed, and now the mobo doesn´t
> start anymore.

For all readers: It is strongly advised to use the DOS based
aflash.exe for flashing the CUSL2 BIOS.

> Is there any posibility to do an recover boot to dos or
> something else to recover my mobo bios?

There is a CUSL2 BIOS available at the German Asus Webshop:
http://asus.alternate.de/index_de.html
(and read the Info!).

HTH - Roy

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:01:24 +0100, "Norbert Dregger"
<NDregger@dsg-edv.com> wrote:

>Hello everybody!
>
>i´ve become a big problem after trying to update the bios of my cusl2 using
>the actual windows update tool. The update failed, and now the mobo doesn´t
>start anymore. Is there any posibility to do an recover boot to dos or
>something else to recover my mobo bios?

Normally windows update works ok, if one downloads the recent asus
update from asus, at about the same time when the bios comes out.

The problem arises if one uses the old asus update from the
motherboard CD, IMO.

Boot floppies are downloaded from the net. No problem.

http://www.putergeek.com/downloads/

A real geek would create a bootable usb key. Some newer motherboards
can boot on such device too.

best regards

John

<NDregger@dsg-edv.com> wrote:

>Hello everybody!
>
>i´ve become a big problem after trying to update the bios of my cusl2 using
>the actual windows update tool. The update failed, and now the mobo doesn´t
>start anymore. Is there any posibility to do an recover boot to dos or
>something else to recover my mobo bios?

Wow if you had done any research at ALL on the issue you would have
found out that the Windows update is unreliable.

I just updated my CUSL2-C to version 1.014c with no problems in DOS

I have had the board for years but only did it now because I want to
put in a 200GB harddrive.

Never update the BIOS without a good reason.

Sam

Good service here that I have used before for my BH6
foe bios chip replacement.
www.badflash.com
They don't ask u to put their page as an I.E favorite either :-(
Cheers

0nvtq0pabjim59ijosogkkc98ig8gmepqo@4ax.com...

Bolooser11 wrote:

> Good service here that I have used before for my BH6
> foe bios chip replacement.
> www.badflash.com

The problem of the OP may be that there are CUSL2 versions with the
BIOS chip soldered and others where it is not - and thus replacable.

Roy