Power Supply Fan Header on P4P800-MX

I have just built a PC using the ASUS P4P800-MX in the Antec Aria
case. The Antec case has a 12cm fan in the power supply and an
optional cyclone slot fan. The motherboard has a CPU fan header and a
chassis fan header, but no power supply fan header. So I plugged the
12cm power supply fan to the chassis fan header, and the cyclone slot
fan to a spare 4-pin power cable.

The system seems to be working fine. However, the included ASUS PC
Probe utility software sounds an alarm immediately and continuously
because it can't find the power supply fan to monitor. The utility
won't let you set the fan threshold below 600 rpm or the alarm volume
below 1, so the only way to turn off the alarm is to not run the ASUS
PC Probe utility software.

Am I missing something? Why would ASUS package this utility with the
motherboard if it is not compatible? Is there a power supply fan
header somewhere on this board that I have missed?
2 answers Last reply
More about power supply header p4p800

    On my version of Probe, you can uncheck unused monitors so that this won't
    happen. It is on the first tab/page. You might want to download the latest
    version of Probe if you have not done so for a while.

    Doug
    ---
    Doug's "MF Film Holder" for batch scanning "strips" of 120/220 medium format
    film:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro.html

    Doug - wrote:

    > On my version of Probe, you can uncheck unused monitors so that this won't
    > happen. It is on the first tab/page. You might want to download the latest
    > version of Probe if you have not done so for a while.

    Or forget Asus' Probe - as many users do - and use SiSoft's Sandra or
    Lavalys' Everest.

    Roy

Asus Power Supplies Fan Motherboards