Repeatedly rebooting after scandisk reports no problems

I came home to find my computer showing garbage on the
screen and no response to the keyboard or mouse.

I had to hard boot. When the system came back on it
repeatedly goes into scandisk and when finished, reboots
itself. This does not stop, nor does it allow me to go
into safe mode for booting.

Can anyone help me out there?

Thanks,
Bob

Does the keyboard work to get into the BIOS? If the keyboard works, you
could try to get into Safe Mode by pressing F8 before Windows would
load, or scan disk would start. If that doesn't work, you can try
booting off your Windows XP CD and doing a repair operation. Choose to
install, it will find your existing installation, then press R to repair ;)

Nathan McNulty