P4P800 Deluxe USB2.0 problem

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hello

I'm running XP with SP1 and all of my USB ports are running at USB 1 speed.
My computer keeps telling me a hi-speed usb device is plugged into a
non-hi-speed port. I have tried uninstalling all of the ports. They
reinstall as USB 1. The ASUS support cd has this listed for USB 2.0m
driver:

Windows XP USB2.0 Driver Installation
====================================

Please using Windows XP SP1 (Service Pack 1) or later versions, you DO NOT
need to
install this driver, because they already contain software support for USB
2.0.

Anyone have an idea for me? Much appreciated.

- leia176

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:47:08 -0500, "leia176"
<leia176@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I'm running XP with SP1 and all of my USB ports are running at USB 1 speed.
>My computer keeps telling me a hi-speed usb device is plugged into a
>non-hi-speed port. I have tried uninstalling all of the ports. They
>reinstall as USB 1. The ASUS support cd has this listed for USB 2.0m
>driver:
>
>Windows XP USB2.0 Driver Installation
>====================================
>
>Please using Windows XP SP1 (Service Pack 1) or later versions, you DO NOT
>need to
>install this driver, because they already contain software support for USB
>2.0.
>
>Anyone have an idea for me? Much appreciated.
>
>- leia176

just in case...did you set the bios correctly ?

ie: highspeed or fullspeed ???

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

there. If so, delete then reboot. Also, if u made this system up
install the IDE inf file from the motherboard CD.

"leia176" <leia176@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm running XP with SP1 and all of my USB ports are running at USB 1
> speed.
> My computer keeps telling me a hi-speed usb device is plugged into a
> non-hi-speed port. I have tried uninstalling all of the ports. They
> reinstall as USB 1. The ASUS support cd has this listed for USB 2.0m
> driver:
>
> Windows XP USB2.0 Driver Installation
> ====================================
>
> Please using Windows XP SP1 (Service Pack 1) or later versions, you DO NOT
> need to
> install this driver, because they already contain software support for USB
> 2.0.
>
> Anyone have an idea for me? Much appreciated.
>
> - leia176

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:47:08 -0500, "leia176" <leia176@nospamhotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm running XP with SP1 and all of my USB ports are running at USB 1 speed.
> My computer keeps telling me a hi-speed usb device is plugged into a
> non-hi-speed port. I have tried uninstalling all of the ports. They
> reinstall as USB 1. The ASUS support cd has this listed for USB 2.0m
> driver:
>
> Windows XP USB2.0 Driver Installation
> ====================================
>
> Please using Windows XP SP1 (Service Pack 1) or later versions, you DO NOT
> need to
> install this driver, because they already contain software support for USB
> 2.0.
>
> Anyone have an idea for me? Much appreciated.

I'm betting you haven't selected Full Speed in BIOS. Default is only USB 1.1

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus, alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus, alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

maybe it's the point. i have mad that mistake, too

Also, in the BIOS, it's at least possible that you'll need to set "Legacy
USB Support" to "Enabled." In my dual-boot P4P800-E Deluxe setup, that
setting made it possible to get USB 2.0 on the Windows 98SE partition (USB
2.0 works with the "auto" or "disabled" setting under Windows XP on the same
machine).

Edward Mendelson

"leia176" <leia176@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm running XP with SP1 and all of my USB ports are running at USB 1
speed.
> My computer keeps telling me a hi-speed usb device is plugged into a
> non-hi-speed port. I have tried uninstalling all of the ports. They
> reinstall as USB 1. The ASUS support cd has this listed for USB 2.0m
> driver:
>
> Windows XP USB2.0 Driver Installation
> ====================================
>
> Please using Windows XP SP1 (Service Pack 1) or later versions, you DO NOT
> need to
> install this driver, because they already contain software support for USB
> 2.0.
>
> Anyone have an idea for me? Much appreciated.
>
> - leia176

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I did have the setting wrong in the bios. ..thanks to all!

"leia176" <leia176@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm running XP with SP1 and all of my USB ports are running at USB 1
speed.
> My computer keeps telling me a hi-speed usb device is plugged into a
> non-hi-speed port. I have tried uninstalling all of the ports. They
> reinstall as USB 1. The ASUS support cd has this listed for USB 2.0m
> driver:
>
> Windows XP USB2.0 Driver Installation
> ====================================
>
> Please using Windows XP SP1 (Service Pack 1) or later versions, you DO NOT
> need to
> install this driver, because they already contain software support for USB
> 2.0.
>
> Anyone have an idea for me? Much appreciated.
>
> - leia176

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Where do you set FULL SPEED in the BIOS???

"Ken Oaf" <tipsy@beerlover.com.au> wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:47:08 -0500, "leia176" <leia176@nospamhotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm running XP with SP1 and all of my USB ports are running at USB 1
>> speed.
>> My computer keeps telling me a hi-speed usb device is plugged into a
>> non-hi-speed port. I have tried uninstalling all of the ports. They
>> reinstall as USB 1. The ASUS support cd has this listed for USB 2.0m
>> driver:
>>
>> Windows XP USB2.0 Driver Installation
>> ====================================
>>
>> Please using Windows XP SP1 (Service Pack 1) or later versions, you DO
>> NOT
>> need to
>> install this driver, because they already contain software support for
>> USB
>> 2.0.
>>
>> Anyone have an idea for me? Much appreciated.
>
> I'm betting you haven't selected Full Speed in BIOS. Default is only USB
> 1.1

Stevem

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Where do you set FULL SPEED in the BIOS???
>
> "Ken Oaf" <tipsy@beerlover.com.au> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:47:08 -0500, "leia176" <leia176@nospamhotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I'm running XP with SP1 and all of my USB ports are running at USB 1
>>> speed.
>>> My computer keeps telling me a hi-speed usb device is plugged into a
>>> non-hi-speed port. I have tried uninstalling all of the ports. They
>>> reinstall as USB 1. The ASUS support cd has this listed for USB 2.0m
>>> driver:
>>>
>>> Windows XP USB2.0 Driver Installation
>>> ====================================
>>>
>>> Please using Windows XP SP1 (Service Pack 1) or later versions, you DO
>>> NOT
>>> need to
>>> install this driver, because they already contain software support for
>>> USB
>>> 2.0.
>>>
>>> Anyone have an idea for me? Much appreciated.
>>
>> I'm betting you haven't selected Full Speed in BIOS. Default is only USB
>> 1.1

Perversely, FULL SPEED is USB 1.1! You need to set USB to HI-SPEED to get
USB 2.0. Don't know what the BIOS is on your M/B, but on mine, this setting
is under Advanced/USB Configuration. I have (P5AD2E-Premium, AMI BIOS) 4
settings - USB Function (obviously, needs to be Enabled), Legacy USB Support
(Auto), USB 2.0 Controller (Enabled), USB 2.0 Controller Mode (HiSpeed).
Have a good look at your BIOS, but again, the main point is that FullSpeed
is 1.1 (12 Mbps) while HiSpeed is 2.0 (480Mbps).

Steve.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I just went into my BIOS settings and saw nothing that retates to High or
Full Spped.

I also looked under Device Manger and saw no yellow question marks. But I am
also suffering from 1.1 vs. 2.0

My MB is ASUS P4P800 Deluxe.

Which tab would it be where you set it?

"stevem" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message

> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Where do you set FULL SPEED in the BIOS???
>>
>> "Ken Oaf" <tipsy@beerlover.com.au> wrote in message

>>> I'm betting you haven't selected Full Speed in BIOS. Default is only
>>> USB 1.1
>>>

> Perversely, FULL SPEED is USB 1.1! You need to set USB to HI-SPEED to get
> USB 2.0. Don't know what the BIOS is on your M/B, but on mine, this
> setting is under Advanced/USB Configuration. I have (P5AD2E-Premium, AMI
> BIOS) 4 settings - USB Function (obviously, needs to be Enabled), Legacy
> USB Support (Auto), USB 2.0 Controller (Enabled), USB 2.0 Controller Mode
> (HiSpeed). Have a good look at your BIOS, but again, the main point is
> that FullSpeed is 1.1 (12 Mbps) while HiSpeed is 2.0 (480Mbps).
>
> Steve.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I found it. Thanks for the advice.

"stevem" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message

> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Where do you set FULL SPEED in the BIOS???
>>
>> "Ken Oaf" <tipsy@beerlover.com.au> wrote in message

>>> I'm betting you haven't selected Full Speed in BIOS. Default is only
>>> USB 1.1
>>>

> Perversely, FULL SPEED is USB 1.1! You need to set USB to HI-SPEED to get
> USB 2.0. Don't know what the BIOS is on your M/B, but on mine, this
> setting is under Advanced/USB Configuration. I have (P5AD2E-Premium, AMI
> BIOS) 4 settings - USB Function (obviously, needs to be Enabled), Legacy
> USB Support (Auto), USB 2.0 Controller (Enabled), USB 2.0 Controller Mode
> (HiSpeed). Have a good look at your BIOS, but again, the main point is
> that FullSpeed is 1.1 (12 Mbps) while HiSpeed is 2.0 (480Mbps).
>
> Steve.

Stevem

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004

>I found it. Thanks for the advice.

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted out.

Steve.