cd-rom doesnt seem to work

I put a disk in my cd-rom and the system asks me to please
insert disk in drive D: DOes anyone have any suggestions.

gerry

Open up your computer and check your cable connections
coming from the CD to the motherboard. If they appear to
be connected, just try reseating them by unpluging them
and then plugging them back in again.

Try these two:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;218617

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314096