Problems installing P4C800E-Deluxe

Ok, heres the scenario....

Recently purchased the P4C800E-Deluxe motherboard along with a Radeon
9800 Pro graphics card, swapped it with my existing Mboard and
attempted to install it into an already configured PC for Windows XP
SP-2.

Problem i'm having is that it is not locating my HD and therefore not
booting properly.

The ASUS logo appears and allows me to configure the BIOS. However it
then continues to read:

'Cannot locate Fast Track Controller Bios not created/installed'

Admittingly I am a novice at this so any recommendations would be much
appreciated.

--
mattstan

Perhaps you are using the Promise controller for your hard drive connections
instead of the Intel controller--as I recall, the Fastrack driver is for the
Promise controller. If the connection to your hard drive is IDE--try
plugging it into the Intel controller and if it works, go into the BIOS and
turn off the Promise controller.

MikeSp

mattstan wrote:
> Ok, heres the scenario....
>
> Recently purchased the P4C800E-Deluxe motherboard along with a Radeon
> 9800 Pro graphics card, swapped it with my existing Mboard and
> attempted to install it into an already configured PC for Windows XP
> SP-2.
>
> Problem i'm having is that it is not locating my HD and therefore not
> booting properly.
>
> The ASUS logo appears and allows me to configure the BIOS. However it
> then continues to read:
>
> 'Cannot locate Fast Track Controller Bios not created/installed'
>
> Admittingly I am a novice at this so any recommendations would be much
> appreciated.

Am I correct reading "an already configured PC for Windows XP" means
you took out an old motherboard and put this one into the same system
and tried to boot from a HD that was configured for the old board? Was
the old board an Intel ChipSet?

In these situations, I have always found it easier to simply format
the drive and do a fresh install of XP. Sorting through a myriad of
configuration problems can be daunting and non-productive.

> Recently purchased the P4C800E-Deluxe motherboard along with a Radeon
> 9800 Pro graphics card, swapped it with my existing Mboard and
> attempted to install it into an already configured PC for Windows XP
> SP-2.
> Problem i'm having is that it is not locating my HD and therefore not
> booting properly.
> The ASUS logo appears and allows me to configure the BIOS. However it
> then continues to read:
> 'Cannot locate Fast Track Controller Bios not created/installed'

Do you have an SATA or ATA hard drive? Did you try
different drive connectors on the motherboard? There
is a separate Promise controller on-board for setting up
a RAID which you don't need. It can be disabled in the BIOS
so the message doesn't appear.

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner KC COMPUTERS
E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer for 13+ years!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

I heard there is an issue with the 9800 Pro card. The work around was to
install another card, get the computer booted, the operating system installed,
and then replace the card with the 9800 Pro. You could google to see if you
can find any information on this.

Good luck.

I am using an ATI 9800 Pro with this motherboard and it works just fine.

"PawsForThought" <darnit7@aol.comnolitter> wrote in message
>I heard there is an issue with the 9800 Pro card. The work around was to
> install another card, get the computer booted, the operating system
> installed,
> and then replace the card with the 9800 Pro. You could google to see if
> you
> can find any information on this.
>
> Good luck.

Latest posts