XP Pro and SATA Raid 1

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard wtih onboard Silicon Image
SATA controller. Two Seagate SATA 120GB drives connected
to onboard controller. BIOS indicates RAID 0
configuration working and shows both drives. Device
Manager indicates controller is working. Windows Disk
Management only shows C drive - does not even indicate 2nd
drive exists. Ideas?

Hello

If you ahve them setup as Raid 0 it will only show 1 drive
combined, you won't see 2 seperate drive, I do have the same
setup Raid with 2 120 WD drives and they work great

Alvin

Larry wrote:

> ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard wtih onboard Silicon Image
> SATA controller. Two Seagate SATA 120GB drives connected
> to onboard controller. BIOS indicates RAID 0
> configuration working and shows both drives. Device
> Manager indicates controller is working. Windows Disk
> Management only shows C drive - does not even indicate 2nd
> drive exists. Ideas?

Little info for you. And by the way, great choice on SATA RAID. This is
an extremely fast setup that can actually use the actual bandwidth of
SATA ;)

http://www.acnc.com/raid.html

Nathan McNulty