CD and DVD drives will only work if the PC boots up with a..

I've just re-installed XP on one of my machines, and now the CD and DVD drives won't recognise a CD/DVD unless the CD/DVD was in the drive when windows booted up. In addition, if I replace the CD/DVD that was in the drive with a different one, the new CD/DVD is not recognised.

Any help would be much appreciated ...............

Olly
2 answers Last reply
More about drives work boots

    of cable select

    Thanks for the reply, but I've just managed to resolve this myself by uninstalling the Plextor Utilities software that came with my CD-RW drive.

    "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

> [...]

DVD CD-Rom DVD Drives Windows XP