CD and DVD drives will only work if the PC boots up with a..

July 13, 2004 5:57:02 PM

I've just re-installed XP on one of my machines, and now the CD and DVD drives won't recognise a CD/DVD unless the CD/DVD was in the drive when windows booted up. In addition, if I replace the CD/DVD that was in the drive with a different one, the new CD/DVD is not recognised.

Any help would be much appreciated ...............

Olly

More about : dvd drives work boots

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 11:46:38 PM

of cable select
July 14, 2004 5:54:03 AM

Thanks for the reply, but I've just managed to resolve this myself by uninstalling the Plextor Utilities software that came with my CD-RW drive.

!