keyboard wont install

i have lost the use of my keyboard, i am using the onscreen keyboard to type
this message.
when i re-install the software for my keyboard it installs correctly but
when i go to control panel/keyboard there is not a keyboard there so i add
new hardware but cannot find the device in the list.
i cannot check my bios setup on start up as i need to press f8 to get to
setup can anyone suggest what to do.
ithink there is a missing file thanxs

liz

If you can use you mouse, uninstall the software you've installed using it,
visit the web site of your keyboard manufacturer, and download new drivers
from there. If that does not help, try obtaining support from keyboard
manufacturer...

If you can not uninstall it with your mouse, use Safe mode.
To enter safe mode, press F8 when you system boots up. Safe mode uses
generic drivers, so the keyboard should work there...

Regards,
Yuriy
"ken flynn" <kenneth.flynn1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> i have lost the use of my keyboard, i am using the onscreen keyboard to
type
> this message.
> when i re-install the software for my keyboard it installs correctly but
> when i go to control panel/keyboard there is not a keyboard there so i add
> new hardware but cannot find the device in the list.
> i cannot check my bios setup on start up as i need to press f8 to get to
> setup can anyone suggest what to do.
> ithink there is a missing file thanxs
>
> liz

when i try to uninstall the software i get a message saying its a locked
file and to proceed i have a choice of ignore /retry/cancel this is for both
reinstalling and removing what .
i cannot press f8 as i do not have this onscreen keyboard on bootup
is there a way round this
liz
"Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]" <yuriys@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you can use you mouse, uninstall the software you've installed using
it,
> visit the web site of your keyboard manufacturer, and download new drivers
> from there. If that does not help, try obtaining support from keyboard
> manufacturer...
>
> If you can not uninstall it with your mouse, use Safe mode.
> To enter safe mode, press F8 when you system boots up. Safe mode uses
> generic drivers, so the keyboard should work there...
>

> Regards,
> Yuriy
rights.
> "ken flynn" <kenneth.flynn1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > i have lost the use of my keyboard, i am using the onscreen keyboard to
> type
> > this message.
> > when i re-install the software for my keyboard it installs correctly but
> > when i go to control panel/keyboard there is not a keyboard there so i
add
> > new hardware but cannot find the device in the list.
> > i cannot check my bios setup on start up as i need to press f8 to get to
> > setup can anyone suggest what to do.
> > ithink there is a missing file thanxs
> >
> > liz

Have you tried using your mouse to open device manager and
check the keyboard, it may have been disabled in the
profile.