USB MP3 Device problem

fred

I just got a new mp3 player. I plus it on my usb port and
then appear the new hardware found dialog on my taskbar.
When it say USB Mass storage the computer restart. So i
go in my bios and downgrade my usb 2.0 to USB 1.1. With
setting on 1.1 it's working but my external cd writer is
now really slow. I want to know how can I make work my
device on USB 2.0 so that all my other device work well.
If someone can reply me at my email,pagail118@yahoo.ca, I
will really apraciate.(if it can help my mp3 device is
Melodisk 4-in-1 and on the battery cover its writen
Microsoft|Partner Program)

Actually, it just sounds like your drivers fail when a USB 1.1 device is
plugged into a USB 2.0 hub. Try downloading the latest chipset drivers
for your computer. Also, be sure to install the software that came with
the MP3 Player and see if that helps at all ;)

Nathan McNulty

Fred wrote:

> I just got a new mp3 player. I plus it on my usb port and
> then appear the new hardware found dialog on my taskbar.
> When it say USB Mass storage the computer restart. So i
> go in my bios and downgrade my usb 2.0 to USB 1.1. With
> setting on 1.1 it's working but my external cd writer is
> now really slow. I want to know how can I make work my
> device on USB 2.0 so that all my other device work well.
> If someone can reply me at my email,pagail118@yahoo.ca, I
> will really apraciate.(if it can help my mp3 device is
> Melodisk 4-in-1 and on the battery cover its writen
> Microsoft|Partner Program)

fred

I update all my drivers from intel and it still don't
work. My old mp3 player was also USB 1.1 and i had no
problem. Oh and also there is no driver for this mp3 it's
suppose to be like a USB drive.

I find what was the problem its an hardware conflict with
my External CD Burner. Just need to find out a solution
for this now...

Ok, why did you change it down to USB 1.1 in your BIOS again? Was it
because it failed to work in USB 2.0 or is it because it gave you a
warning? What kind of message did it give you? USB 2.0 is backwards
compatible with USB 1.1. It should have worked in your USB 2.0 hub.

Nathan McNulty