no Post, no fans, no beeps, green power light A8V Deluxe

My system contains,

--ASUS "A8V Deluxe" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939
CPU.
--AMD Athlon 64 FX-53, 1MB L2 Cache, Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor 939
Pin.
--ATI RADEON X800 PRO Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP.
--Cooler Master CM Stacker Full-Tower CASE, Model STC-T01-UW.

When i turn on the PSU i get a green light on the motherboard, no fans or
CPU fan or anything. Then i hit the power switch on my case, and get
nothing. Should i get the CPU fan or PSU fan without hitting the power
button on the front of my case ? Also, the case power switch wire is white
and black, but the connectors on the motherboard are orange and white. The
manual for the motherboard says the connections on the motherboard are color
coded for "foolproof" connecting. But they dont match the wire colors of my
case power switch wire. So i tried connecting the power switch wire anyway,
first black to orange, then white to orange, but the power button seems to
do nothing. I did have hard drives, CD-rom, floppy all hooked up, but i
removed them all except the components listed, to troubleshoot why i get no
POST. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
4 answers Last reply
More about post fans beeps green power light deluxe

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 19:24:43 GMT, "D" <d@d.com> wrote:

    >My system contains,
    >
    >--ASUS "A8V Deluxe" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939
    >CPU.
    >--AMD Athlon 64 FX-53, 1MB L2 Cache, Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor 939
    >Pin.
    >--ATI RADEON X800 PRO Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP.
    >--Cooler Master CM Stacker Full-Tower CASE, Model STC-T01-UW.
    >
    >When i turn on the PSU i get a green light on the motherboard, no fans or
    >CPU fan or anything. Then i hit the power switch on my case, and get
    >nothing. Should i get the CPU fan or PSU fan without hitting the power
    >button on the front of my case ? Also, the case power switch wire is white
    >and black, but the connectors on the motherboard are orange and white. The
    >manual for the motherboard says the connections on the motherboard are color
    >coded for "foolproof" connecting. But they dont match the wire colors of my
    >case power switch wire. So i tried connecting the power switch wire anyway,
    >first black to orange, then white to orange, but the power button seems to
    >do nothing. I did have hard drives, CD-rom, floppy all hooked up, but i
    >removed them all except the components listed, to troubleshoot why i get no
    >POST. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

    Doesn't matter how the front case power switch is connected, it doesn't
    have polarity like a LED case light, all the Power switch does is short
    the two pins it's connected to for as long as you hold it in, you could
    use the head of a metal screw driver and short the two pins for 1 second
    and do the same.

    Ed

    > When i turn on the PSU i get a green light on the motherboard, no fans or
    > CPU fan or anything.

    This is normal.

    > Then i hit the power switch on my case, and get
    > nothing. Should i get the CPU fan or PSU fan without hitting the power
    > button on the front of my case ?

    No... you should only get activity AFTER you push the power button. The LED
    is telling you that the mainboard has StandBy power on. Never change
    memory/PCI cards/CPU/etc. when this LED is on.

    > Also, the case power switch wire is white
    > and black, but the connectors on the motherboard are orange and white.
    The
    > manual for the motherboard says the connections on the motherboard are
    color
    > coded for "foolproof" connecting.

    Do *NOT* just match wire color to the color on your mainboard. Even if you
    bought them as a pair I doubt that they'd match. You should match the
    funtions together. For switches it doesn't matter which way around they go.
    For the LED's they won't work if they are backwards but should be OK. If you
    put jumpers in the completely wrong locations you could damage the mainboard
    (shorting the wrong things could connect 5volts to ground and kill the
    mainboard or PSU)

    Forget the colours... Connect BOTH wires from the power switch to the two
    pins that your mainboard has for the power switch. If you think the switch
    is bad, try using the wires from the RESET button instead. You can also just
    use a screwdriver to connect the two pins together for a moment to simulate
    the power switch being pushed.

    Make sure the cmos jumper is in the correct position.

    "D" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:%9osd.715184$8_6.266942@attbi_s04...
    > My system contains,
    >
    > --ASUS "A8V Deluxe" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939
    > CPU.
    > --AMD Athlon 64 FX-53, 1MB L2 Cache, Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor
    > 939 Pin.
    > --ATI RADEON X800 PRO Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X
    > AGP.
    > --Cooler Master CM Stacker Full-Tower CASE, Model STC-T01-UW.
    >
    > When i turn on the PSU i get a green light on the motherboard, no fans or
    > CPU fan or anything. Then i hit the power switch on my case, and get
    > nothing. Should i get the CPU fan or PSU fan without hitting the power
    > button on the front of my case ? Also, the case power switch wire is
    > white and black, but the connectors on the motherboard are orange and
    > white. The manual for the motherboard says the connections on the
    > motherboard are color coded for "foolproof" connecting. But they dont
    > match the wire colors of my case power switch wire. So i tried connecting
    > the power switch wire anyway, first black to orange, then white to orange,
    > but the power button seems to do nothing. I did have hard drives, CD-rom,
    > floppy all hooked up, but i removed them all except the components listed,
    > to troubleshoot why i get no POST. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

    I had the same problem with an old Enermax power supply that was running my
    old KT7A-Raid board. The board would have problems starting (fans would
    come on but no POST and the hard drive and CD lights would come on). I
    tried a new power supply and had the same problem so I purchased a A7V880
    board, figuring the board was the problem. Hooked the old power supply to
    the new board and got the green light on the motherboard when I turned the
    power supply on, but hitting the case power button wouldn't do anything.
    Hooked up the new power supply and everything was off and running. I have
    had it up for about a week with a 2700+ and everything has been running
    fine.

    Henry

    "D" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:%9osd.715184$8_6.266942@attbi_s04...
    > My system contains,
    >
    > --ASUS "A8V Deluxe" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939
    > CPU.
    > --AMD Athlon 64 FX-53, 1MB L2 Cache, Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor
    939
    > Pin.
    > --ATI RADEON X800 PRO Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X
    AGP.
    > --Cooler Master CM Stacker Full-Tower CASE, Model STC-T01-UW.
    >
    > When i turn on the PSU i get a green light on the motherboard, no fans or
    > CPU fan or anything. Then i hit the power switch on my case, and get
    > nothing. Should i get the CPU fan or PSU fan without hitting the power
    > button on the front of my case ? Also, the case power switch wire is
    white
    > and black, but the connectors on the motherboard are orange and white.
    The
    > manual for the motherboard says the connections on the motherboard are
    color
    > coded for "foolproof" connecting. But they dont match the wire colors of
    my
    > case power switch wire. So i tried connecting the power switch wire
    anyway,
    > first black to orange, then white to orange, but the power button seems to
    > do nothing. I did have hard drives, CD-rom, floppy all hooked up, but i
    > removed them all except the components listed, to troubleshoot why i get
    no
    > POST. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Asus Motherboards