Computer hanging after inserting CD or DVD

Hi

My problem is thi, I have recently updated my computer
with a new motherboard, CPU & SATA HDD, and I am running
on WinXP Home. the best way to tell you the problem is to
take it step-by-step.

1- insert cd & reboot
2- after reboot cd seen by drive
3- remove cd
4- insert new cd
5- d-click drive in C-Panel
6- Computer Hangs
7- reboot to fix and see cd

these are the specs

1-Ricoh DVD+RW/+R
2-LG DVD-Rom 16X
3-AMD AthlonXP 3000+
4-Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
5-2*512MB DDR 2700

Can anyone help?

Did you reinstall all or most of the Win Updates especially SP1? Check here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q314939