Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help!!: Epson Stylus 2200 Printing Problem

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Stylus
  • Epson
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 7:22:01 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I have a peculiar problem involving my new Epson 2200 which I can't explain.
If I print a test using a Photoshop color image on enhanced matte paper
using the same profile on the printer that is embedded in the image, I get
precisely the same image as I am seeing on my monitor. However, if I switch
to Watercolor Radiant white paper, the image has a distinct yellow or
sometimes green cast. Changing the paper type to Watercolor Radiant or
switching to Epson's profile for that paper does not help. What could be
going on ?? I'm baffled.

More about : epson stylus 2200 printing problem

Anonymous
May 8, 2004 1:02:21 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Have you downloaded the new profiles for the 2200 from the Epson website?






"Brian Corll" <brian@virtualmanager.biz> wrote in message
news:tQNmc.17307$vz5.878@nwrdny01.gnilink.net...
> I have a peculiar problem involving my new Epson 2200 which I can't
explain.
> If I print a test using a Photoshop color image on enhanced matte paper
> using the same profile on the printer that is embedded in the image, I get
> precisely the same image as I am seeing on my monitor. However, if I
switch
> to Watercolor Radiant white paper, the image has a distinct yellow or
> sometimes green cast. Changing the paper type to Watercolor Radiant or
> switching to Epson's profile for that paper does not help. What could be
> going on ?? I'm baffled.
>
>
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 6:14:00 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

In article <tQNmc.17307$vz5.878@nwrdny01.gnilink.net>,
brian@virtualmanager.biz (Brian Corll) wrote:

> If I print a test using a Photoshop color image on enhanced matte paper
> using the same profile on the printer that is embedded in the image...

If you're doing what you say, then you're applying the profile
twice. If so, it's surprising that the Enhanced Matte version is any good
at all!

If the profile is embedded in the file, try setting the Epson driver to
'No colour adjustment'. Whoops! Sorry, make that 'No color adjustment'.
:-)

Jon.
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 8:32:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

No - I'll look for them.
"safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:xPSmc.102$656.40@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com...
> Have you downloaded the new profiles for the 2200 from the Epson website?
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "Brian Corll" <brian@virtualmanager.biz> wrote in message
> news:tQNmc.17307$vz5.878@nwrdny01.gnilink.net...
> > I have a peculiar problem involving my new Epson 2200 which I can't
> explain.
> > If I print a test using a Photoshop color image on enhanced matte paper
> > using the same profile on the printer that is embedded in the image, I
get
> > precisely the same image as I am seeing on my monitor. However, if I
> switch
> > to Watercolor Radiant white paper, the image has a distinct yellow or
> > sometimes green cast. Changing the paper type to Watercolor Radiant or
> > switching to Epson's profile for that paper does not help. What could
be
> > going on ?? I'm baffled.
> >
> >
>
>
!