Can't see other computer files

Hi

I have networked my computers one is a pc and the other a wireless laptop.
I can't seem to see the shared files from my laptop when my pc is off. I can
only see the files when the pc is on. Can anyone help

thank you

hailee

kelhail@rogers.com

thats the way that its suppose to work. How do you expect to access a
networked computers files if it is off???

"Hailee" <maddogs85@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have networked my computers one is a pc and the other a wireless laptop.
> I can't seem to see the shared files from my laptop when my pc is off. I
> can
> only see the files when the pc is on. Can anyone help
>
> thank you
>
> hailee
>
> kelhail@rogers.com

OK thank you and your sarcasm is not necessary. I have obviously save the
files incorrectly and needed some help

thanks

"Robert Jacobs" wrote:

> thats the way that its suppose to work. How do you expect to access a
> networked computers files if it is off???
>
> "Hailee" <maddogs85@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have networked my computers one is a pc and the other a wireless laptop.
> > I can't seem to see the shared files from my laptop when my pc is off. I
> > can
> > only see the files when the pc is on. Can anyone help
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > hailee
> >
> > kelhail@rogers.com

Malke

Hailee wrote:

> OK thank you and your sarcasm is not necessary. I have obviously save
> the files incorrectly and needed some help
>
> thanks
>
> "Robert Jacobs" wrote:
>
>> thats the way that its suppose to work. How do you expect to access a
>> networked computers files if it is off???

Hi, Hailee - Glad to see you were able to make a new post. Check your
old one btw, because I put information there on how to better use this
newsgroup.

Here are some links with good information to help you visualize what is
going on when you want to share files:

Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

Even though this says it is for Server, it is a good explanation of
wireless networking:
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/techinfo/overview/wififaq.mspx

And for just general networking:

This Linksys site has good pictures - of course you don't need to use
their equipment:
http://www.linksys.com/edu/

Hope This Helps,

Malke