Computer dead...."system failed CPU test :-(

Hi Guys,

I have a P4C800E-delux with Pentium 3.2, 1 GB Ram, One SATA 160 GB, Matrox
Grafikcard.

I built this computer 5 months ago and it was running without any problems.

Last saturday I connected a extern Harddisk on USB, suddenly the cursor did
not move anymore. When I tried to restart, the computer was not booting
anymore.

Btw, the extern HD is working with all other computer very well.

Dead. Not even the bios was showing up. But the green lamp on the mainboard
is lighting, no BIOS beep codes but I got the voice message:
"System failed CPU test"

I tried to change CPU - same result
changed graphic-card - same result

Any idea what it can be?????????????????

Thanks for helping...

San

Paul

Splendid

In article <41b35869$0$8618$91cee783@newsreader02.highway.telekom.at>,
"san miguel" <aon.101437025@aon.at> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a P4C800E-delux with Pentium 3.2, 1 GB Ram, One SATA 160 GB, Matrox
> Grafikcard.
>
> I built this computer 5 months ago and it was running without any problems.
>
> Last saturday I connected a extern Harddisk on USB, suddenly the cursor did
> not move anymore. When I tried to restart, the computer was not booting
> anymore.
>
> Btw, the extern HD is working with all other computer very well.
>
> Dead. Not even the bios was showing up. But the green lamp on the mainboard
> is lighting, no BIOS beep codes but I got the voice message:
> "System failed CPU test"
>
> I tried to change CPU - same result
> changed graphic-card - same result
>
> Any idea what it can be?????????????????
>
> Thanks for helping...
>
> San

Power supply ?

Motherboard ?

But try another power supply first. Power supplies are the
most unreliable part of the computer.

Paul

"san miguel" <aon.101437025@aon.at> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a P4C800E-delux with Pentium 3.2, 1 GB Ram, One SATA 160 GB, Matrox
> Grafikcard.
>
> I built this computer 5 months ago and it was running without any
problems.

> Last saturday I connected a extern Harddisk on USB, suddenly the cursor
did
> not move anymore. When I tried to restart, the computer was not booting
> anymore.
>
> Btw, the extern HD is working with all other computer very well.
>
> Dead. Not even the bios was showing up. But the green lamp on the
mainboard
> is lighting, no BIOS beep codes but I got the voice message:
> "System failed CPU test"
>
> I tried to change CPU - same result
> changed graphic-card - same result
>
> Any idea what it can be?????????????????
>
> Thanks for helping...
>
> San

My P4P800 DLX also suddenly stops working yesterday and today.
Though the fans and hard disks seem running, no POST, beep, etc.

After checking, I changed the molex to hard disk, and it powered up.
Twice at least in a row.

You can try by testing if the connection from molexes (power plugs to hard
disk)
are bad or not.

Definitely check power plugs, and the power supply itself. Of the problems I've
ever had, these are highest on the list.