Update disables sound card

Joe

I have reinstalled XP 4 times in the last 24 hours
because of this problem. Everytime that I use Windows
update and download and install critical updates, I lose
my sound card (Soundblaster Live). It shows it in the
device manager, but under Sounds, Speach and audio
devices it says no sound card.

Anybody know what I can do to fix this so that I can
update Windows and still use my sound card?

peter

Hi,

Go to http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp,
download and install the latest XP drivers for your sound card model.

I use Live Drv Uni-Pack for my sound blaster Live and it works great.
--
Peter

"Joe" wrote:

> I have reinstalled XP 4 times in the last 24 hours
> because of this problem. Everytime that I use Windows
> update and download and install critical updates, I lose
> my sound card (Soundblaster Live). It shows it in the
> device manager, but under Sounds, Speach and audio
> devices it says no sound card.
>
> Anybody know what I can do to fix this so that I can
> update Windows and still use my sound card?

Joe

I've tried that. I have also tried removing the sound
card and the drivers through the device manager, then
reinstalling. Still the same thing The soundcard is
present in the device manager, but under Sounds, Speach
and Audio Devices it says no sound card.

Are you downloading the driver from Windows Update? I wouldn't touch
those drivers. What update is it that is causing this to happen?
DirectX maybe? Also, I would use this link:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?nSUFlag=1&sDestUrl=http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/&hdAllProduct=1&LangID=1033&hdDspLangID=1033

Nathan McNulty

Joe wrote:

> I've tried that. I have also tried removing the sound
> card and the drivers through the device manager, then
> reinstalling. Still the same thing The soundcard is
> present in the device manager, but under Sounds, Speach
> and Audio Devices it says no sound card.

krissy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
The same thing happened to me! I did a sys restore to remove the update and everything was fine again.

Joe wrote:

> I've tried that. I have also tried removing the sound
> card and the drivers through the device manager, then
> reinstalling. Still the same thing The soundcard is
> present in the device manager, but under Sounds, Speach
> and Audio Devices it says no sound card.

Check the date of the last post before you reply to a thread that was last seen nearly five years ago in July 2004. You are close to the record. :lol:

TRENDING THREADS