CdROm Drive thinks its SCSI!!

I have just tried burning a DVD when it failed. It came to my attention that the drive thought it was a SCSI. My CD-rom drive also believes this and it is causing problems!

What can I do...

Thanks,

Sam

Take a look here
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=89779

"Deadly Hifi" <Deadly Hifi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just tried burning a DVD when it failed. It came to my attention
that the drive thought it was a SCSI. My CD-rom drive also believes this and
it is causing problems!

> What can I do...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

not the DVD or CD that is wrong. It appears to be
something either to do with using a SATA motherboard with
XP designating boot cdroms as 0 (zero).

I too would like a clue how to sort this out from that
point.

OK, first off, you DO need to have your optical drives properly
configured in the BIOS. Second, make sure you are using the correct
ASPI. Install Nero (www.nero.com) and try writing a CD. Does the problem
still exist? Try removing the drives from your Hardware Profiles and
reboot. See if they reinstall correctly.

SATA is currently only available for Hard Drives (as far as I know). It
should have nothing to do with Optical Drives. It is a completely
different IDE Controller. I would check in Device Manager (Click
Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc and click OK). Go to ATA/ATAPI Devices and
check your IDE Controllers. Make sure everything is set to DMA if available.

----
Nathan McNulty