dios

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,free.it.hardware.asus (More info?)

I searched the asus website for info on this mobo.
It seems there was one more BIOS update that
they released but cant seemt o find where its at.

Anyway, I think I can go up to a Celeron 1100GHZ
pr P3 1000GHZ withy the BIOS update. Can anyone
confirn this? Also what core will the mobo accept?
Ive gone on eBay but is seems that there are so many
CPU variants I cant be sure which one will work.

AGP

DIOS schrieb:

> I searched the asus website for info on this mobo.
> It seems there was one more BIOS update that
> they released but cant seemt o find where its at.

Asus Germany FTP usually is a good bet.
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_370/INTEL_Chipset/i440BX/CUBX/
But the most current one (patched with yet newer CMD BIOS and Tualatin
microcode) can be found at
http://members.chello.nl/mgherard/

> Anyway, I think I can go up to a Celeron 1100GHZ
> pr P3 1000GHZ withy the BIOS update. Can anyone
> confirn this? Also what core will the mobo accept?

All Coppermines should run fine, Tualatins won't run out of the box
(need adapter).

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W