I don't wanna click here

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
When replying to a post after you hit the submit button you are given two choices.
Click here to view your message.
Click here to return to the forum.

I assume most people are like me and very seldom use the view your message option. If no one has an objection could we simply be directed back to the forum ? Or perhaps reverse what happens if neither is chosen and instead of going to view my message automatically (as it does now) make it return to the forum.

What do y'all think?

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Russell, some people don't preview their posts, just check it after it is posted. The return to post would work for them. I personally like to see how my post looks after it is posted.

But let's see what the community says.

RichPLS

Champion
I want it so after you have read all posts in a section, and hit mark all read, for it to return you to the section above the one you just marked as read, since obviously, you were through reading section when marking mark all as read, and would want to go the the main section and proceed to another section...

Think about it...

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Different but somehow similar issue. I personally like to make sure every button is white before I go to another section. It is kind of a 'confirmation' for me that what I did had the intended consequences.

Again, lets have others comment.

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Russell, some people don't preview their posts, just check it after it is posted. The return to post would work for them. I personally like to see how my post looks after it is posted.

But let's see what the community says.

I personally like to see how my post looks after it is posted.
That's what I use PREVIEW for

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
That's what I use PREVIEW for
Just because you do something a certain way doesn't mean that everyone does. Getting uppity about it is hardly respectful of other people's opinions. This is one of those situations where there is no one right answer.

And on that related note, my 2 pence is to look at the post. Personally, I always look at my post. Even when I preview (which I only do on rare occasion) I still look at my post.