Bandwidth Throttling Question over Wireless?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Is it possible, I would like to control the bandwidth on other pc's except
my own, I have a Belkin Router (Wireless).. Belkin state their router can't
actually do it, but I have "Googled" around, and come across various
software (a lot of it expensive), but I was wondering if anybody has either
had any experience with this, or can maybe point me in the right direction
(if there is a more suitable newsgroup)...Is it actually possible? if not,
why? the reason I ask, I need to explain it to my friend, who has a similar
set up to mine, and wants to do the same thing.

Thanks in advance....
1 answer Last reply
More about bandwidth throttling question wireless
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    I'm also looking for an answer to this question. Anyone? Bueller?

    I'd like to share 8kbit/sec to everyone within connection distance of
    my house, whilst allowing authenticated users unlimited bandwidth.

    --
    Andrew Oakley andrew at oakley stop net

    "Kardon Coupé" <prefer.to@read.on.newsgroups> wrote in message news:<eU4a#SdaEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
    > Is it possible, I would like to control the bandwidth on other pc's except
    > my own, I have a Belkin Router (Wireless).. Belkin state their router can't
    > actually do it, but I have "Googled" around, and come across various
    > software (a lot of it expensive), but I was wondering if anybody has either
    > had any experience with this, or can maybe point me in the right direction
    > (if there is a more suitable newsgroup)...Is it actually possible? if not,
    > why? the reason I ask, I need to explain it to my friend, who has a similar
    > set up to mine, and wants to do the same thing.

Wireless Bandwidth Microsoft Windows XP