cann't boot windowsxp

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,
I have a problem with my computer hp pavilion which is
beyond my brain to resolve
when I booted up my machine this morning I have attached a
device used for power failures
cyber power connected to a serial port. it gave me a
indication that a power failure had happen
and was to shutdown the computer in 60 seconds while the
computer was still loading the stuff
After plugging the cpu in another outlet and trying to
reboot I got nothing from the machine and
monitor no functions at all. nothing works.
I tried to drain the stored power from the cpu by
removing the power cord and also removing the cmos battery
hoping it would clear the memory etc. that didn't work.
I tried to boot with the recovery disk ...didn't work
I spent 21/2 hours with hp tech. support ....didn't work
I tried the emergency boot disk... didn't work due to
computer boots from cd rom then to A drive as seen in the
past.
I cannot see the monitor because it's all black

I need some ideas as to what to try next.or any help is
needed

Stan

Stan, after all that what happens now. Does it turn on but you still
get a black screen? Sounds like you
had a hardware failure.