SYSTEM CAN NOT INSTALL PRINTER

My printer is no longer visiable on my system. All I have is the add printer icon.I tried to add the printer but when I click on the add printer icon I receive an OPERATION COULD NOT COMPLETED message.I have tried turning system off for a few minutes but rebooting doesn't help.

Now what do I do?

Disconnect the Printer>Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and
uninstall any Printer Software>
Restart and let WinXP Load. Then restart again. Install the Printer
software if USB and then reconnect
the software. If Parallel Connect shutdown connect the printer and
restart and let XP reinstall it.
"HAYMAKER" <HAYMAKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My printer is no longer visiable on my system. All I have is the add
printer icon.I tried to add the printer but when I click on the add printer
icon I receive an OPERATION COULD NOT COMPLETED message.I have tried turning
system off for a few minutes but rebooting doesn't help.

> Now what do I do?

I tried this but no results. All files regarding my printer was gone.I had to go to system restore and this worked. Thanks for the time anyway.Do you have any thoughts what happened. I had not been messing with nothing. I have been having issues with Norton dissapparing from msconfig's startup.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Disconnect the Printer>Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and
> uninstall any Printer Software>
> Restart and let WinXP Load. Then restart again. Install the Printer
> software if USB and then reconnect
> the software. If Parallel Connect shutdown connect the printer and
> restart and let XP reinstall it.
> "HAYMAKER" <HAYMAKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My printer is no longer visiable on my system. All I have is the add
> printer icon.I tried to add the printer but when I click on the add printer
> icon I receive an OPERATION COULD NOT COMPLETED message.I have tried turning
> system off for a few minutes but rebooting doesn't help.
> >
> > Now what do I do?

Do you have Norton System Works or just Norton Anti Virus? What make and
model Printer do you have? Glad to hear that System Restore got you working
again. How far did you go back and what programs were installed since then.
They won't work now. Neither will your WinUpdates. They have to be
reinstalled.
> I tried this but no results. All files regarding my printer was gone.I had
to go to system restore and this worked. Thanks for the time anyway.Do you
have any thoughts what happened. I had not been messing with nothing. I have
been having issues with Norton dissapparing from msconfig's startup.

> "Rich Barry" wrote:
>
> > Disconnect the Printer>Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and
> > uninstall any Printer Software>
> > Restart and let WinXP Load. Then restart again. Install the Printer
> > software if USB and then reconnect
> > the software. If Parallel Connect shutdown connect the printer and
> > restart and let XP reinstall it.
> > "HAYMAKER" <HAYMAKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My printer is no longer visiable on my system. All I have is the add
> > printer icon.I tried to add the printer but when I click on the add
printer
> > icon I receive an OPERATION COULD NOT COMPLETED message.I have tried
turning
> > system off for a few minutes but rebooting doesn't help.
> > >
> > > Now what do I do?

Your printer hasn't disappeared, your Print Spooler has stopped. From the
Command Prompt, type

net start spooler
(and hit enter)

www.coribright.com