Hard Drive recognition problem

I had an old drive from my previous win 98 machine so I wiped it and put it in my new Win XP Pro machine. Device manager see's it but thats all I can do is look at it in device manager. How do I get it so I can format it and see it in My Computer. Thanks for your help.
3 answers Last reply
More about hard drive recognition problem

    sorry about double posting

    Right click My Computer and pick Manage. Under the Storage folder you
    should be able to find your drive. Right click on it and you should have a
    format option.

    "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I had an old drive from my previous win 98 machine so I wiped it and put
    it in my new Win XP Pro machine. Device manager see's it but thats all I can
    do is look at it in device manager. How do I get it so I can format it and
    see it in My Computer. Thanks for your help.

    The drive doesn't show up

    "Norm" wrote:

    > Right click My Computer and pick Manage. Under the Storage folder you
    > should be able to find your drive. Right click on it and you should have a
    > format option.

Device Manager Hard Drives Windows XP