  • Device Manager
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
July 14, 2004 7:43:02 PM

I had an old drive from my previous win 98 machine so I wiped it and put it in my new Win XP Pro machine. Device manager see's it but thats all I can do is look at it in device manager. How do I get it so I can format it and see it in My Computer. Thanks for your help.

More about : hard drive recognition problem

Anonymous
July 14, 2004 8:01:02 PM

sorry about double posting
July 15, 2004 3:15:04 AM

Right click My Computer and pick Manage. Under the Storage folder you
should be able to find your drive. Right click on it and you should have a
format option.

"Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had an old drive from my previous win 98 machine so I wiped it and put
it in my new Win XP Pro machine. Device manager see's it but thats all I can
do is look at it in device manager. How do I get it so I can format it and
see it in My Computer. Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 3:15:05 AM

The drive doesn't show up

!