Hard Drive Recognition Problem.

I had an old hard drive from my previous Win 98 machine so I wiped it and put it in my Win XP Pro machine. I can see it in device manager but I can't format it or store any Info on it cause I can only look at the drive properties. How do I fix this so I can see it in My Computer. Thanks for your help.

Right click on My Computer, select Manage. On the next screen, select Disk
Management. The drive should appear on the right hand side of the screen.
Assign it a drive letter.
www.coribright.com

"Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had an old hard drive from my previous Win 98 machine so I wiped it and
>put it in my Win XP Pro machine. I can see it in device manager but I can't
>format it or store any Info on it cause I can only look at the drive
>properties. How do I fix this so I can see it in My Computer. Thanks for
>your help.

So Cari, What if you can see the drive and it say it is active but the box to add the drive letter is not enabled.