Delayed VM messages

Why do I sometimes receive notification of a voicemail messages 48 to 72
hours late? I'm on a Regional GAIT plan with Nokia 6340i.
6 answers Last reply
More about delayed messages

    Stephen R. Conrad wrote:
    > Why do I sometimes receive notification of a voicemail messages 48 to 72
    > hours late? I'm on a Regional GAIT plan with Nokia 6340i.

    Because the paging system is messed up. Complain about this

    Also, the pages, I think are only sent once an hour. So if you
    are out of contact when the phone system sends the page, then
    you are out of luck

    Chip

    I received my Happy Father's day message from my son in Albany, NY, on
    Wednesday (I'm in Ohio). I have a regional plan and was never out of my
    region. This is not an unusual occurrence for me, my wife or son #2. We all
    have matching phones. I'm not sure if the princess (dtr) has this problem.
    She has a T720.

    "Ralph Blach" <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote in message
    > Stephen R. Conrad wrote:
    > > Why do I sometimes receive notification of a voicemail messages 48 to 72
    > > hours late? I'm on a Regional GAIT plan with Nokia 6340i.
    > >

    > Because the paging system is messed up. Complain about this
    >
    > Also, the pages, I think are only sent once an hour. So if you
    > are out of contact when the phone system sends the page, then
    > you are out of luck
    >
    > Chip

    >Because the paging system is messed up. Complain about this

    There might be a positive part of this.

    >Also, the pages, I think are only sent once an hour. So if you
    >are out of contact when the phone system sends the page, then
    >you are out of luck

    I have a 6340i and my message notifications at within moments of the missed
    call notification every time. I have not been out of a Cingular area since I
    got the phone however so can't speak to that part of the equation.

    --
    John S.

    "Stephen R. Conrad" <sconrad@telecommunity.to> wrote in message
    > Why do I sometimes receive notification of a voicemail messages 48 to 72
    > hours late? I'm on a Regional GAIT plan with Nokia 6340i.

    it is because you need to buy another 6340i, go to this auction
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5706279845&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

    and get one, then you should be fine

    ha ha, just kidding of course, but you could always buy a spare
    in case you drop it in a river of something.

    Bernard

    On 2004-06-27, John S. <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote:
    > I have a 6340i and my message notifications at within moments of the
    > missed call notification every time. I have not been out of a Cingular
    > area since I got the phone however so can't speak to that part of the
    > equation.

    Messages arrive instantly for me when I am in my home area, but are
    usually delayed for hours when I am outside of it.

    >Messages arrive instantly for me when I am in my home area, but are
    >usually delayed for hours when I am outside of it.

    I am out of my "home" area about 25 days of the month. I am not experiencing
    the problem described by the OP.

    --
    John S.

Cingular Nokia Internet Service Providers