Delayed VM messages

Last response: in Network Providers
June 27, 2004 7:22:29 PM

Why do I sometimes receive notification of a voicemail messages 48 to 72
hours late? I'm on a Regional GAIT plan with Nokia 6340i.

More about : delayed messages

Anonymous
June 27, 2004 9:01:33 PM

Stephen R. Conrad wrote:
> Why do I sometimes receive notification of a voicemail messages 48 to 72
> hours late? I'm on a Regional GAIT plan with Nokia 6340i.

Because the paging system is messed up. Complain about this

Also, the pages, I think are only sent once an hour. So if you
are out of contact when the phone system sends the page, then
you are out of luck

Chip
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 1:00:39 AM

I received my Happy Father's day message from my son in Albany, NY, on
Wednesday (I'm in Ohio). I have a regional plan and was never out of my
region. This is not an unusual occurrence for me, my wife or son #2. We all
have matching phones. I'm not sure if the princess (dtr) has this problem.
She has a T720.

"Ralph Blach" <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote in message
> Stephen R. Conrad wrote:
> > Why do I sometimes receive notification of a voicemail messages 48 to 72
> > hours late? I'm on a Regional GAIT plan with Nokia 6340i.
> >

> Because the paging system is messed up. Complain about this
>
> Also, the pages, I think are only sent once an hour. So if you
> are out of contact when the phone system sends the page, then
> you are out of luck
>
> Chip
June 28, 2004 2:13:50 AM

>Because the paging system is messed up. Complain about this

There might be a positive part of this.

>Also, the pages, I think are only sent once an hour. So if you
>are out of contact when the phone system sends the page, then
>you are out of luck

I have a 6340i and my message notifications at within moments of the missed
call notification every time. I have not been out of a Cingular area since I
got the phone however so can't speak to that part of the equation.

--
John S.
June 28, 2004 2:29:16 AM

"Stephen R. Conrad" <sconrad@telecommunity.to> wrote in message
> Why do I sometimes receive notification of a voicemail messages 48 to 72
> hours late? I'm on a Regional GAIT plan with Nokia 6340i.

it is because you need to buy another 6340i, go to this auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5706...

and get one, then you should be fine

ha ha, just kidding of course, but you could always buy a spare
in case you drop it in a river of something.

Bernard
June 28, 2004 2:48:31 PM

On 2004-06-27, John S. <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote:
> I have a 6340i and my message notifications at within moments of the
> missed call notification every time. I have not been out of a Cingular
> area since I got the phone however so can't speak to that part of the
> equation.

Messages arrive instantly for me when I am in my home area, but are
usually delayed for hours when I am outside of it.
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 3:20:17 PM

>Messages arrive instantly for me when I am in my home area, but are
>usually delayed for hours when I am outside of it.

I am out of my "home" area about 25 days of the month. I am not experiencing
the problem described by the OP.

--
John S.