hard drive has acquired unwanted material which can't be e..

Several months ago, after trying a version of "my labels",
and uninstalling it, I appeared to have some residual
material left that could not be deleted with any of my
utilities including Norton System Works.

When the hard drive is tested with "Disk Doctor", this
message is displayed:
"The operating system, or another process, currently has
exclusive access to the drive or some of its files.
Norton Disk Doctor cannot continue with a repair undeer
these conditions. A repair can be scheduled to occur the
next time you restart the system. Norton Disk Doctor can
still diagnose this drive if 'Fix errors is unchecked'"

This proceedure has not worked!

Over the last several months, the area occupied by this
error has expanded to the point that when the drive has
been defragged, Norton still indicates that more than 5%
of the drive has not been degragmented.

The next step in dealing with this seems to be using
the "go back to previous configuration" which will mean
reloading software and hardware installed since the
problem began.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Thank you.
Donald Garber

Write down the directory of the unwanted files and restart your computer. Restart your computer and acess DOS type in the directory followed by the comand del and that will delete the directory

"Donald G" wrote:

> Several months ago, after trying a version of "my labels",
> and uninstalling it, I appeared to have some residual
> material left that could not be deleted with any of my
> utilities including Norton System Works.
>
> When the hard drive is tested with "Disk Doctor", this
> message is displayed:
> "The operating system, or another process, currently has
> exclusive access to the drive or some of its files.
> Norton Disk Doctor cannot continue with a repair undeer
> these conditions. A repair can be scheduled to occur the
> next time you restart the system. Norton Disk Doctor can
> still diagnose this drive if 'Fix errors is unchecked'"
>
> This proceedure has not worked!
>
> Over the last several months, the area occupied by this
> error has expanded to the point that when the drive has
> been defragged, Norton still indicates that more than 5%
> of the drive has not been degragmented.
>
> The next step in dealing with this seems to be using
> the "go back to previous configuration" which will mean
> reloading software and hardware installed since the
> problem began.
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions?
> Thank you.
> Donald Garber

This is much easier. Just use this program:

http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html

Nathan McNulty