P4B533V - Maximum Hard disk size

Ant

Hi,

Anybody know what the maximum hard disk size supported by the onboard IDE?
I've tried looking on Google, Asus website etc but don't seem able to find
any info.

Thanks for any help.

Anthony

Paul

Splendid

In article <cp5go4$19g$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, "Ant"
<arendall@arendall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anybody know what the maximum hard disk size supported by the onboard IDE?
> I've tried looking on Google, Asus website etc but don't seem able to find
> any info.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Anthony

Here are some links. Your board is listed on the first link.

http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx (modern)
http://www.asuscom.de/support/FAQ/faq076_32gb_ide_hdd.htm (older)
http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/J.Steunebrink/k6plus.htm (patched BIOS)

48bit LBA addressing issues are discussed here. (Note: Do not
buy a third party BIOS from any adverts on this site. Third
party BIOS are unnecessary to solve problems - either the Asus
BIOS works or no BIOS will work. The third party BIOS sellers
rely on pressure tactics to sell product.) The rest of the
advice on the site, however, is solid.

http://www.48bitlba.com

HTH,
Paul

Ant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody know what the maximum hard disk size supported by the onboard IDE?
> I've tried looking on Google, Asus website etc but don't seem able to find
> any info.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Anthony

I believe these will do over 137GB, at least with the current BIOS version..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada