nSvcIp.exe - Driver that came with K8N leaking memory

Hi,

I just purchased a new K8N board and loaded it up with a AMD 64 3000+
with 512Meg of RAM.

The 512Meg does not last long with the ASUS provided system service
leaking about 140K / min. It appears to have an affect on an instance
of the svchost.exe application as well. I have to kill the nSvcIp.exe
process to keep my system running for any length of time.

Has anyone else experianced this?

Runing XP Pro SP2 and all relevent patches. I have run the latest
version of Ad-Aware and McAfee Virus Scan.

I am still waiting for a response from ASUS.

....Dale Wood
dcwood@magma.ca
1 answer Last reply
More about nsvcip driver leaking memory

    I have resolved the leak problem by downloading the latest NVIDA Chipset
    Drivers (5.03) from ASUS
    http://usa.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=K8N&Type=All

    These updates were not available when I first discovered the problem.

    I can’t say exactly what fixed the problem as I installed the drivers a
    little differently this time.

    1) I allowed the install script to install the firewall (I did not do
    that the first time around)

    2) I elected to not install the IDE bottle neck improvement. (I don’t
    remember what they called it)

    After installing the updates, it does not matter if I have the nVidia
    firewall enabled or disabled. It does not matter if I have ZoneAlarm
    loaded or not. The results are all consistent. No leak.

    ...Dale

    --
    dale_wood

Asus Memory Motherboards