nSvcIp.exe - Driver that came with K8N leaking memory

Last response: in Motherboards
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
December 7, 2004 10:51:56 PM

Hi,

I just purchased a new K8N board and loaded it up with a AMD 64 3000+
with 512Meg of RAM.

The 512Meg does not last long with the ASUS provided system service
leaking about 140K / min. It appears to have an affect on an instance
of the svchost.exe application as well. I have to kill the nSvcIp.exe
process to keep my system running for any length of time.

Has anyone else experianced this?

Runing XP Pro SP2 and all relevent patches. I have run the latest
version of Ad-Aware and McAfee Virus Scan.

I am still waiting for a response from ASUS.

....Dale Wood
dcwood@magma.ca
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
December 16, 2004 4:59:01 AM

I have resolved the leak problem by downloading the latest NVIDA Chipset
Drivers (5.03) from ASUS
http://usa.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelNam...

These updates were not available when I first discovered the problem.

I can’t say exactly what fixed the problem as I installed the drivers a
little differently this time.

1) I allowed the install script to install the firewall (I did not do
that the first time around)

2) I elected to not install the IDE bottle neck improvement. (I don’t
remember what they called it)

After installing the updates, it does not matter if I have the nVidia
firewall enabled or disabled. It does not matter if I have ZoneAlarm
loaded or not. The results are all consistent. No leak.

...Dale

--
dale_wood
!